"It could be anywhere." Fang frowned, scanning the area. They couldn't walk a few paces without tripping over an exposed root. "Did you steal anyone's powers that involved flying?"

Reverse fanned the stray leaves off his head. "You know I don't take powers without a reason. There isn't a time limit anyway."

Fang hit a mosquito that landed on his bicep. "It's not just locating it. There's supposed to be another team that's going to stop us."

"Oh, great," Reverse muttered sarcastically. "Let's just get this over with."

They didn't know what was in store for them. Fang had left Kaizo the same age Reverse had abandoned Earth, when they were both 12. They'd started dating a few months after associating with each other, going from coincidental murder locations to deliberate dates that included running from authorities and dealing with underground markets. Neither of them confessed, because it was unnecessary. All it took was a night after a mission and a kiss that spoke louder than those three words.

Neither of them were the lovey-dovey types. Fang might display his affection through small pecks occasionally, but it's always to indicate that this boy is taken by him. If you so much if look at Reverse the wrong way, Fang will be on your tail and will probably ensure you a painful death.

Reverse, on the other hand, wasn't as proactive as his possessive boyfriend. He wouldn't mind if he talked to other people. Despite his crime streak and strong personality, he always gave into Fang. He didn't know why, but Fang always comes first, even if their relationship involves them insulting each other's faces off ninety percent of the time.

Reverse climbed a tree to see where they're headed. If they're not careful, they could wound up circling the planet and end up to their starting point. In a distance, he could see someone flying around the tallest mountain, with two figures patrolling the base and the middle of it, with the second one moving at superhuman speeds.

How did he know that's where the power sphere was located? One, it was the only place that there were people there; two, they were circling in complete formation to fend off any attacks.

"Three?" Fang repeated.

Reverse nodded. "One of them has flight and the other superspeed. The third one I'm not quite sure, but it can't be overlooked."

"Can you steal their powers from here?"

"If I could, we wouldn't still be here, you fucking dumbass."

They redirected their course to where he had seen the three guards. By the time they arrived, their clothes had the hint of a sweat. Reverse's brown hair glistened under the sunset. They had spent hours in the forest, and they had finally walked out of it and onto the base of a mountain. Expecting a ferocious guard with deadly intentions, they were sorely disappointed when they encountered a human boy, dozing off against a rock.

"Are you kidding me?" Fang picked up a pebble by his feet. He bounced it off the boy's head, and he startled awake and screaming for his mommy.

Reverse grunted. Their standards were lower than they thought.

It took the boy some time to regain his bearings. He turned to them. Despite being taller than the both of them, he looked pathetic like a pig against two young panthers.

"Aha! I am here to stop you!" The boy declared. "I'll turn you into salads!"

He did the finger-gun gesture, and a pink sphere with a neon green outline shot from his fingertips. Ultimately, the boy missed and the sphere collided with a bush next to them, turning the shrubbery into a pile of lettuces.

"Tempting," Reverse called. "Molecular Reconstruction, eh? That looks awfully familiar..."

A memory of three kids defeating an alien resurfaced in his mind. If Reverse wasn't wrong, these three guards were the exact same people that put him down on Earth four years ago. Talk about a small world. Now Reverse was really reconsidering the plan. He wouldn't mind telling them to fuck off, but this was different. They could recognize him as the supposed villain on Earth, but that wasn't even partially true. It was a complete lie. Even so, with their assumptions, there was no way they'd let him join TAPOPS.

But for that to happen, he couldn't use his powers against them. They'd find it familiar and it would take long for them to recall the random kid that had the ability to steal powers four years ago. So in order to make it through without any interruptions, he'll have to avoid using his powers actively.

He told Fang the plan. Fang wasn't happy at first, because they could have ended it with him stealing all their powers and beat them. Eventually he relented and agreed, but he had to share the same consequences. Fang's power, Perforation was the only one in the entire universe, and he had owned it ever since he was with Kaizo. The reports would possibly enter Kaizo's knowledge, and he would recognize him as Fang, his runaway brother.

They had to rely on physical combat solely. No powers could be at their disposal.

Then it's fairly lucky that they didn't walk around unarmed. Reverse always carried a grappling hook, his stun-sniper and at least a dozen knives hidden in his boots, his sleeves and cloak. Fang always brought his stun-gun and brass knuckles.

"Hey!" Reverse called out to the Indian boy. "What's your name?"

The boy smirked. "It's Gopal! Remember it, because you'll know the guy who defeated you!"

"Alright then, Gopal." Fang pressed his brass knuckles together. "Let's see how long you can last against us!"

Reverse brandished his dagger. Both of them charged at Gopal in a silent and professional manner, the way that an assassin does before he hits his target. Gopal panicked and began shooting his powers at them. One of it managed to turn Reverse's dagger into a cucumber. He replaced it with lightning speed.

He and Fang exchanged glances and nodded in understanding. They had spent their time together working on their synchronization, and they could practically read each other's minds by now. Reverse stopped in his tracks as Fang continued his chase. Reverse let Fang take the glory in the first blood. Or the first knockout. Whatever.

Fang caught up to Gopal with no sweat broken, despite running on a steep hill. He overtook Gopal and sent a chop to the back of his neck, knocking him out efficiently.

Reverse ran up to him. "Next one's mine."

Fang grinned. "Whatever, you idiot."

"Fuck you."

"You're still my idiot."

The next one was to face the girl with superspeed. If Reverse's memory served him correctly, her name was Ying and her powers was supposed to be Time Manipulation. It could serve as a problem, but if they manage to keep her on the run, there's nothing she can do about them. All they have to do is disarm her and they're in the clear.

That being said, they still hadn't gotten over it.