8: A Lightning Bolt Necklace

~Plug time! I have another Marvel book out, it's got 10 chapters already, so go and read that one while you wait for updates on this one! Love you guys! Now, onto the chapter.~

My fingers hooked around a chain and I pulled my hand out, a silver lightning bolt necklace following behind. I wrapped the chain around my fingers and looked up to Tony, a questioning look on my face. "Speedy, your turn!" I turned to see Pietro standing up and smirking. My face turned pink and I walked towards the closet, my anxiety building.

A gust of wind rushed past me and I would've fallen over if Tony weren't next to me. I heard a snicker come from the closet and I rushed in. I folded my arms and scowled at Pietro. "You almost knocked me over you ass!" I snapped, pushing him back farther in the closet as the door closed behind me. I heard Tony snicker and walk away. Pietro just let out a chuckle and leaned casually against the back wall. I gave him an exasperated look and folded my arms once more. "You can be so idiotic." I scoffed, leaning against the door and turning my head to face anywhere but Pietro. 

An offended huff came from Pietro and I looked over at him, displeased. In a split second Pietro was in front of me, his hands placed on my hips. My hair blew out behind me as the air hit my face. My cheeks flushed red and I looked away. "I can't get you out of my head lately." His thickly accented voice was quiet, sincere. His thumbs rubbed circles on my hip bones, melting me under his touch, although I did not let it show. "Do you say that to all the other girls?" I asked, coldly. Pietro's face became soft, hurt latent in his features. "No. I usually use more straight forward things. Like, 'I'll call you later', or 'See you at my place tonight.'" Pietro answered, looking me in the face, his joking demeanor coming back. I scoffed and slapped him. Pietro blinked in shock and brought a hand to his cheek. "I deserved that." He stated, nodding his head. 

"Yes, you did." I retorted harshly. "That won't stop me from trying to go on a date with you." Pietro stated, his signature smirk on his face. I laughed. "Good luck, I'm not an easy girl to please." I stated, making Pietro smile at me. "We'll see about that." He joked, confidence in his voice.

I've had a secret crush on Pietro for a while now, but I wasn't about to tell him that. He has to work for me. "How about I take you on a date, Tomorrow. See how things go? Hm?" He asked, an expectant look on his face. "Sounds good, but you only got one chance on this. Don't fuck it up." I warned, a light blush tinting my cheeks and a half smile. Pietro nodded, a determined look on his face. I just chuckle and looked at my watch. "Time's almost up." I stated, looking back up at Pietro. Pietro gave me a sad look and backed up, leaning against the wall once more. 

The door clicked open and Tony looked at us, a look of suspicion on his face. I looked up at him and scowled. "What, did you expect to find us making out or something?" I asked, walking past him and sitting back down in between Wanda and Clint. Pietro walked out of the closet, patting Tony's shoulder. "I'm sure you'll catch some action in there tonight, don't worry buddy." He consoled, walking back to his spot. I smiled lightly at Pietro and rolled my eyes. I turned my head to look at Wanda, who had a knowing look on her face. "Want to help me pick out something to wear for my date tomorrow?" I asked nonchalantly. She just smiled at me and nodded. "So, he tricked you into a date?" She asked, looking over at her brother. I chuckled and nodded. "I don't know how, but he did."