"Okay, what about local products William, why are local products suffering so much?" Mr. Pearson urged.

"Well, I suppose its because, because-"

"Because of the lack of money put into local agricultural marketing as compared to imported goods" Mr. Pearson finishes.

"I would expect someone who's campaign is focused on recovering the farming industry to have some knowledge of the daily struggles of being a local farmer." Mr. Pearson cooly states, turning to the audience. 

"YES!" both and Peter and I exclaimed, jumping up from the couch with wide grins. The rest of the debate seemed to be forgotten. 

"That was amazing, there is no way that Corbett is getting back up now! Did you see the look on his face!!" I said laughing hysterically as Peter joined in.

"All thanks to your genius idea," Peter said as he smiled down at me, tucking a piece of damp hair behind my ear. 

There was a rapid change in the atmosphere as the TV's sound seemed to be dull and drowned out by the beating of my own heart and his.

We just stood there frozen, staring into each other's eyes, incredibly still and centimeters apart. It was almost like we were in a trance as he leaned down slowly and touched his lips to mine.

Sparks. Wait, no. Fireworks was all I felt. 

I responded to the kiss with equal fervor, turning it desperate and needy. Peter seemed to pick up on this because one of his hands went straight down to my waist while his kisses turned hungry and passionate. 

I didn't even realize that we'd moved from our original position to somehow being in my room. He picked me up and gently dropped me on the bed, quickly covering his body with mine. It was like he was afraid to stop because if he did, the reality of what was happening would sink in.

He began kissing my neck and collarbone and I shivered in his arms before pulling his face back up as he slipped his tongue inside my mouth. I let out an accidental moan which only seemed to spur him on as he swiftly lifted my tank top off of me and I was left in my bra. 

I let one of my hands run wild in his hair as the other tried to push his shirt off of him. I ran my hand along the curve of his abs and he groaned, quickly pulling his shirt off. Soon I was left in only my panties and bra and him in his boxers. As much as I should have, I didn't want to stop.

As he continued his delicious assault on my neck and ran his hand along my thigh, I whispered an out of breath word. "Please" I begged.

Something seemed to snap within him. His eyes widened, as he pulled himself off of me. His breath heavy and his eyes still heavily lidded, he cursed under his breath. He muttered a singular word that I could barely hear.

"Sorry" before he picked up his shirt and left me, cold and confused.

..

..

..

..

I couldn't sleep that night. I ran everything in my head, again and again, trying to figure out what happened. Was it too much too soon? Did I do something wrong? Did he not want this?

My eyes slightly moist from unspilled tears, I tried my best to sleep.

The next morning I woke up with an empty and anxious feeling. I felt angry at myself and him and at the same time so heartbroken.

I put on a shirt and shorts before rushing downstairs for breakfast. The Pearsons were eagerly biting into a fresh batch of pancakes. But Peter wasn't with them.

"Um....Ms. Pearson" I said.

"Yes, honey?" She turned around giving me a warm smile.

"Where's Peter?" I asked trying to sound casual.

A look of confusion flitted across her face.

"Beatrice, I thought you knew. College is about to be back in session. He didn't tell you?" she said, the anger rising in her voice.

I shook my head.

"Honey, he had an early flight back to Boston this morning," she said, a tinge of sadness in her voice.

Just like that. My whole world collapsed.