Chapter Five

Liam's POV:

Only 20 minutes and then I can leave this place. Thoughts like this kept running through my mind all day. A few days ago Jared told me that Karmen and Lucy had agreed to go out with us, so I was pumped. But now that it was Friday, I was just getting more and more nervous as the day went on.

When I got home later, I took a shower and then dried myself off. I had never really gotten dressed up to go on a date before; I didn’t know what was so different about this one.

We hadn’t even decided where we wanted to go, we were deciding when we all met up at Jared’s.

I threw on a pair of jeans with a gray t-shirt and then threw my red plaid flannel shirt open over it. My hair dried and I used a little gel to make the front sweep across my forehead. I checked myself in the mirror, then stopped.

What was I doing? I liked looking nice, but I never prepped this much, and took this much work to make sure I looked good. The idea startled me, and made me nervous.

Karmen's POV:

This one!” I said, holding up a short, long sleeved gray dress that I had bought with her on one of our shopping sprees.

Lucy rolled here eyes and flopped back on her bed. “I have no idea what to wear!”

I could tell Lucy was nervous for this double date. She had never had a boyfriend or gone out on a date, so I came over to help her get ready, but we weren’t getting anywhere.

“Why am I even going? I can’t believe your making me!”

That part was true. I made Lucy agree to it, because I thought she needed the fun. But I was actually really surprised when Jared asked me. I had no idea someone like Liam would ever have interest in someone like Lucy. Not that she wasn’t pretty, she was just inexperienced and wasn’t as popular as him.

“If I’m going to go on this date, I’m wearing what I want.” Lucy got off her bed and walked deeper into the large walk-in closet.

It was very bright in here, and I remember when we were little, Lucy and I used to throw pillows around and pretend the floor was lava and we couldn’t step on the floor. I smiled at the memory of the simpler time.

She walked into her bathroom that was down the hall with a pile of clothes in her hand.

Lucy had a big house; her room alone was the third floor. She had a big bedroom with a window that overlooked her big front lawn, a second room that she had turned into a walk in closet slash sitting room, and bathroom between the two that had a big long vanity and a walk in shower with many showerheads. Lucy didn’t like to brag, so not many people know about the money in her family, and she didn’t let it show in her personality.

Lucy stepped out wearing a short skirt made of a sweater material that was a mix of colors like pink, green, and blue sown into the material snug to her butt and thigh, a black vintage looking tank top that she had tucked in so it wasn’t super baggy, and a long sleeved gray sweater that was open in the front, light to her arms, and came down well below the shirt.

She turned around and I examined the outfit. A huge smile came across her face when I responded, “perfect.”