Chapter 5: Charlotte

Author's Note: Hey guys! Glad to see you are reading the fifth chapter. I just wanted to remind you that if you are enjoying this story to please express it in any way. I don't want to continue this if you aren't enjoying it. xx

It's been a month, a month since Zack died. I can use that word now, died. Die. Death. I've accepted it, understood now just what death entailed. I missed the company of Zack. I missed knowing that there was another human being with a heart beating in the same space as me. It was a curious liking, but it was comforting; company that is.

   But Zack was dead, leaving me with the question: Do I forgive him? After a months time of the sleepless nights, of the lack of company and the memories that ran through my mind keeping me company.

   I forgive Zack Picket.

  I was walking briskly down the street, happy to welcome the cool air that surrounded me. I finally reached my defition, pushing the door open the bell rang.

   The man looked up from the desk, closing the binder he was just broswing at.

   "What can I do you for miss?" the man asked. He was around forty, wrinkles adorned his face and his hair was speckled with grey.

    "I want one of those, of course." I replied with a small smile, pointing to his arm where a large tattoo was inked permanetely on his skin.

    He grinned, showing off his set of teeth, at my cheekiness.

    "And what of?" He asked again.

     "I've got just the thing."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   I swiped off the droplet of blood running of my skin as the tattoo artist wrapped plastic tightly around my dainty wrist.

      I forgive you.

   The tattoo was beautiful, I wrote it out in my handwriting and the man inked it. The words were now etched below my skin, never to leave me again. I smiled at it, a full smile, at the beautiful words that graced my wrist. I thanked the man and paid him his price before turning and heading out of the shop.

   The sun had made an appearance, peering between two seperate clouds.

   "Hello sun." I whispered, happiness surged through me. I had forgiven him, and he was up there, watching me, knowing that I forgave him. He could be at peace in the kingdom in the sky.

      I walked down the street, curls blowing in every which way as I walked to work, the small cafe down the street and pulled down the sleeve of my navy blue long-sleeve. I entered the small cafe, smiling to the regulars, an elderly couple, holding hands across a table in the corner. Both of their coffees in front of them, but they couldn't seem to take their eyes off of anyone.

   "Someone isn't in their usual, cynical mood." David noted, his deep, beautiful voice laced with caring and kindness.

    "It's beautiful outside." I responded, attempting to tie the apron behind my back.

    "Here let me do that." David offered with a sigh. I thanked him, letting him tie the apron around me. His warm breath wafted over my skin, causing goosebumps.

    "There ya go." He stated, turning back to reorganize the pasteries as if they needed it.

   David is, what you call handsome. He has brown, wavy hair that sometimes falls into his eyes. He has deep, blue eyes that girls could lose themselves in. He had full, pink lips that screamed to be kissed. He is the boy that girls in high school followed down the hallway in hopes of catching his eye.