i.

chapter i .
the arrival

walking towards the boarding house was like a walk down memory lane. i remembered all those fragmented memories of the brothers and i outside of this very home, wether one was carrying me home drunk off my ass, or i was carrying one of them, there was never one unpleasant moment.

it's been a long time since i've seen them, and i don't expect them to welcome me with open arms, at least not in this point of time—hell, i don't even know if they still live in this house, that's how long it's been since i've seen them.

as i got closer to the entrance i heard voices much more clearly, there was obviously people inside and hopefully they knew the brothers.
i knocked on the door with the back of my knuckles and swung the bag i had over my shoulder. the door opened and i was greeted by a girl who appeared to be katherine.

my better instinct told me it wasn't, she didn't smell nor appear to be a vampire, at least not with the way she held herself, but with katherine it was always unexpected which is why i remained guarded.

i sneered involuntarily, my tongue slipping out to wet my bottom lip. "katherine" i spoke in a low monotone voice and the girl in response shook her head in confusion.
"elena—uh, who are you?" oh
well shit, if i knew doppelgängers still existed..

"elizabeth" i smirked in return, elena smiled awkwardly, her hands itching to shut the door but before she could try i spoke once more "salvatore's 'round?"
background movement caught my attention and i almost didn't notice the way her heart skipped a beat as she spoke "no." she said, i scoffed and with a roll of my eyes made my way inside the very house i had, oh so many times stumbled into at any mere inconvenience in my life.
"thanks." i muttered, unintentionally walking toward a group of teenagers sat comfortably on the couches.

one quick glance towards the katherine dupe told me all i needed to know, she was flabbergasted and the group of teens weren't far behind as they looked at me.

i dropped my bag besides the couch and went straight to damon's batch of bourbon, his drinks were my favorite to steal.
"the owner isn't too keen on the idea of someone touching their bourbon.." one adorable looking guy spoke from the small group.

elena had since closed the door and was now standing besides a witch, the only witch who appeared to be in the group. on the other side of them was the guy who had spoken, "i know sweetheart." i replied, a small smirk lingering on my face.

i threw my head back taking in a large gulp of the strong liquor, it's been a while since i've had good bourbon, son of a bitch always hogged them.
"you're... human?" the witch questioned, i winced in response
"i'd probably look like my aunt margaret.." i never really thought about what i'd look like at my old age.

"how did you walk in?" elena started, but before she went on her rampage i cut her off, "baby i was already invited in" i put the liquor down before walking over to the couches
and i ended up sitting besides an okay looking guy who gave me an uncertain look.

"who are you? why are you here and how do you know stefan and damon?" elena eyes me as she questioned everything about me, there seemed to be a hint of jealousy dripping from her words, seems like the doppelgänger apple doesn't fall far from the tree after all.

"elizabeth, i've already told you." i paused, waiting for her to take my words in before continuing "i'm here to see the two men i'm, oh, so madly in love with." i spoke sarcastically, "like really, i'm just waiting for them to walk in through that door and hm~" i groaned with exaggeration, my bottom lip held between my teeth as i squinted.

"no kidding" the witch scoffed, i chuckled lowly, "i'm off." i stood from the comfy couch before taking my bag and using my speed to get to the shower, but not before witnessing the very confused expressions of the kids.