Chapter 2: Christmas Eve

Start from the beginning

Rintarou: "I've been busy because of work, that's why I decided to visit this Christmas Eve."

Our Lady: "Come on and a very special program will be held tonight."

As Rintarou put the boxes under the giant Christmas Tree, the program started. Rintarou watched how the children play then suddenly a girl wearing a dark blue dress with a ribbon at the top of her black long hair that sways behind her back, and her blue eyes glittering started to play the piano and began to sing...

"Tsunaida te ni Kiss wo"

Soshite bouya wa nemuri ni tsuita

(So the little infant fell into a deep sleep)

Ikizuku hai no naka no honoo, hitotsu, futatsu to

(Among the grey ashes in the flames shining...First one,then two ...)

Ukabu fukurami itoshii yokogao

(What rises and grow large are my beloved profiles)

Daichi ni taruru ikusen no

(Surfaces numerous of your faces)

Yume, yume

(Dreams, dreams)

Gin no hitomi no yuragu yoru ni

(A thousand dreams trickle back to the earth)

Umare ochita kagayaku omae, ikuoku no toshitsuki ga

(On the night when those silver eyes were trembling, the shining you was born)

Ikutsu inori wo tsuchi e kaesshitemo

(Across millions of years,the prayers have already returned back to the earth)

While she was singing Rintarou's eyes were filled with tears.. All of the orphans were touched by her song, which they can relate..

Rintarou: "Her eyes were glittering with sadness and passion. An beautiful blue eyes full of hope but with melancholy.. I can see Reiko in those eyes."

Watashi wa inori tsuzukeru

(I will still continue to pray)

Douka konoko ni ai wo

(Please bestow upon this child your love)

Tsunaida te ni kisu wo

(Upon our joined hands, leave a gentle kiss)

••• Normal P.O.V •••

All of the people who watched Mari's performance clapped their hands. Some were amazed and became emotional..

Rintarou: "Our Lady, can I ask who might that girl who played the piano?"

Our Lady: "She's Mizushima Mari and she's been here for 10 years. She has an enchanting voice, isn't it?"

Rintarou: "You're right."

Our Lady: "I can't see why no one adopted her. She's a kind-hearted, honest and a hardworking girl."

Rintarou: "I would like to adopt Mari."

Our Lady: "Really? But what is the reason?"

Rintarou: "I can see something in her eyes that made up my mind, th-those gentle eyes. I see a special light in those eyes, glittering."

Our Lady was surprised with what Rintarou said.

Our Lady: "Okay Hinata-san. Let's go to my office to arrange Mari's documents."

••• Mari-chan's P.O.V •••

I can't believe this can't be happening! I m-must be dreaming! I told myself after Our Lady told me that after Hinata Rintarou-san saw my performance and he was moved so he decided to adopt me, also her deceased wife wanted to adopt a child. Our Lady explained to me when I was at her office. As I exited Our Lady's office I met Mr. Hinata along the hallway..

Rintarou: "So you are Mizushima Mari? Its nice to meet you. I will be your new father and family from now on." - he smiled

Mari: "But why me?" -I faced the ground

Rintarou: "Its because I saw in your eyes that spark I saw at my wife who just passed away last year."

Mari: "B-but---" -he interrupted me

Rintarou: "Those eyes with a special light in them and it is glittering which I can see into you."

I remembered what Our Lady told me, about that special light inside of me then soon I started to cry..

Rintarou: "Its alright. You can call me Otoosan.. You're my daughter from now on." -he opens his arms

Mari: "Thank you.... Otoosan!" -I run towards to hug him.

••• Normal P.O.V •••

The next day I went at Noah's Cafe to resigned from my work as a maid.

Akira-san: "So you'll be going now."

Mari: "Yes. Th-Thank you for all your kindness Akira-san."

Shizuo Akira, the manager of Noah's Cafe..

Akira: "You're popular here that's why it'll be a hard time to explain to your customers the reason you're gone.. But I'll miss you too! You're like my younger sister after all." -she sighed

I think she's more worried at her business' sales ... But I know she cares for me too...

Then I came back at the orphanage and saw Rintarou Hinata-san or should I say Otoosan, waiting for me..

Children: "Oneechan! We will miss you!" -they all hugged me

Mari: "Don't worry, Oneechan will visit here as long as I'm free."

Children: "YEHEY!!!!" -they all shouted

Rintarou: "These children really loves you, Mari-chan."

Our Lady: "I hope to see you visit here some time.."

Mari: "Of course, I will Our Lady.'

They all waved back and said goodbyes.

♣♣♣ END OF CHAPTER ♣♣♣

Momo-chan's Note:

Mari's hair is long that reaches to her knees... She doesn't want to cut it short because she had a trauma when his father hurted him, physically. She is the picture of this chapter..

Otoosan (Otōsan) means "father"

Okaasan, Kaasan (Okāsan) means "mother"

Ojiichan, Ojiisan means "grandfather"

Obaachan, Baachan, Obasan, Baasan (Obāchan) means "grandmother"

Oniisan, Oniichan, Niichan, Niisan means "big brother" or you can add it at the end of one's name [ Ukyo-nii, Azusa-nii ]

Oneechan, Oneesan, Neechan, Neesan (Onēchan) means "big sister" or you can add it at the end of one's name [ Mari-nee, Momo-nee ]

Otouto means "younger brother"

Imouto means "younger sister"

Oujisan means "uncle"

Obasan means "aunt"

"Tsunaida te ni Kiss wo" by Sanae Kobayashi (insert song of D.Gray-Man where Allen played it in the piano a.k.a Musician)