chapter 3

"KAYLEN SALVATORE GET YOUR BUTT OUT OF BED RIGHT NOW YOU HAVE CHEERLEADING PRACTICE." Stefan yelled outside my door. Haha.. I'm so glad I put that spell around my room so he couldn't get in. "MAKE ME!" I yelled, teasing him. "KAYE IF YOU DON'T GET OUT HERE RIGHT NOW...” I heard Damon threaten. I sighed. "If I come out you won’t force me to do cheerleading?" I could hear Stefan sigh. "Fine, but don't expect to get it that easily all the time, the next time you try something like yesterday I won't hesitate to lock you in the basement for a year." I laughed and opened the door, hugging him. "Yay! Love you Stefan!" "Yeah whatever." He grumbled. I let go of him and was about to go to the kitchen to make myself some coffee (Italian roast, yum) when 2 hands wrapped around my waist tightly and held me back. I heard Damon laugh behind me. And not the happy hearty laugh, more like the “Haha you thought you could get away with it with no consequences, you’re more of an idiot than I thought you were” Kind of laugh. My shoulders slumped, I didn’t even try to run away this time. He was faster. And obviously I couldn’t escape by using magic like giving him an aneurysm, since he’s my brother. That and I knew Stefan was serious about the whole locking me up in a basement situation. Been there, done that. Not even a whole hour and I almost killed myself out of boredom. “Huh and where do you think YOU are going?” He asked. “Ugh I just want coffee. Can I PLEASE just drink my coffee? You already embarrassed me enough yesterday!” “Hmm... let me think about that...NO. Well, I was betting on the fact that Stefan over there,” He turned and glared at Stefan. “Would give you a harder time. But OBVIOUSLY that didn’t work so...” He went on and on, lecturing me to the point where I would rather Stefan locked me up in the basement. I started banging my head on the wall. This was the worst punishment ever. Being lectured. Mental torture. And Damon knew it. Ughhhh, that’s it. Damon yelled out in pain and held his head. Stefan ran into the room and tried to pin me down but soon he was joining Damon on the ground, holding his head and yelling at me in pain. Well, I’m screwed. I ran out as fast as I could using a mix of my vampire speed and air to push me out faster and straight into Damon’s black camaro. My favorite car in the world. Too bad it’s not mine. And about the air thing, yeah, I can sort of control the elements. I also work with crystals and have a few other nifty tricks up my sleeve such as the aneurysms. But that’s beside the point which is... I’m royally screwed. I started the car and drove out of there as fast as I could.

    I ended up in California. Not so bad, I must say. I can go to the beach every day, and not to mention the cute guys. I conjured up a couple hundred thousand dollars with my witchy juju magic and bought a beach house close to the water. Cool, I know, right? And my brothers shouldn’t suspect me to be here of all places. Damon would probably start searching for me in New York, and Stefan would probably search for me in Chicago. Meh, when they find me I can deal with the consequences, but for now... BEACH!!!

    “Hey.” I was lying down, face flat in the sand feeling the sun’s heat on my back. I looked up to see a cute shirtless guy staring down at me. He had dark brown hair that swept over his forehead in a really cute way. “Hi...” I said, wiping the sand off my face, and smiling. “So... what’s your name?” “Oh, right. I’m Kaye, what’s yours?” “Well, most people call me Aaron, but you can call me tonight.” He did not just say that. I fell on my back and burst out laughing so hard, people were staring at me. I got up and dusted the sand of myself. “Did you seriously just say that?” I asked, still laughing. He smiled cheekily. “Yeah, I guess I just did.” There was an awkward silence. “So, you’re the one that moved into the beach house over there?” He asked, pointing to my new house. I nodded. “Yup, I’m guessing you live around here too?”  “Yeah, just behind you actually.” I noticed there were a couple beach houses scattered around my house. “I’m actually just on vacation with my family.” “Uh, didn’t school start already?” I asked. “Yeah today is our last day. “ Bummer. “That sucks, I was looking forward to knowing somebody around here.” I said. “Well, do you want to hang out tonight?  My family is going out to a really fancy restaurant  for our last night here, you are more than welcome to join us” He said. I nodded. “ Yeah sure, why not. I have nothing else to do.” “ Great! So.. I’ll pick you up around 6, and we’ll meet with the rest of my family at the restaurant?” “Sounds good.”  We talked for a few more minutes then parted ways. I smiled to myself as I walked to the nearest shop to by a nice dress for dinner. One day at California and I already had a date. Not bad. Not bad…

THERE IS THE 3RD CHAPTER! SORRY ITS SO SHORT! AS I SAID BEFORE, I DONT HAVE ALOT OF ACCESS TO THE INTERNET AND I FIGURED A SHORT CHAPTER WAS BETTER THAN NO CHAPTER. AND SCHOOL IS STARTING :P SO, YEAH. GIVE ME SOME FEED BACK, ANY IDEAS. IM SORT OF HAVING A WRITERS BLOCK FOR BOTH MY STORIES ( FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARENT AWARE, CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORY , TWIN GILBERTS :3 ) BUT ANYWAY, COMMENT PLEASE! ILL TRY TO UPDATE AGAIN SOOON, BYE~