8. Bad Boy?

Chapter 8: Bad Boy?

"Are we there yet," I moaned loudly. He'd been driving for over an hour now and I was tired and hungry, so hungry that even my stomach was starting to complain now.

"Does it look like we are?" He snapped back, sounding annoyed with my whining.

It started of as a good trip. He talked about different things, school, family, little sisters. But then I got bored.  "How much further?" I complained, slumping into my seat like a child.

"Shut up, and stop whining like a 5 year old," He snapped not even bothering to look at me.

"Touché," I chuckled as I glanced over to him.

"I don't know what your problem is, but I bet it's hard to pronounce," He growled lowly.

"If I throw a stick, will you leave?" I asked him, frowning at him before I rolled my eyes and looked back out the window at the passing scenery.

He just chuckled, but didn't answer.

I counted the number of trees in a a row, ten, twenty, forty trees later I groaned loudly again, "Are we there yet!?" I complained to him, looking back to meet his face that was still staring out the front windscreen.

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?" I waited for his reply, but I didn't get one. "Alec?" Nothing. He was asking for it. And he was definitely going to get it. He could be bringing me out to these woods to kill me and then drag my dead carcass through the trees where no one will ever find me for all I know.

"Alec, Alec, Alec, Alec, Alec, Alec, Alec, Alec-"

"What! What! What!?" He roared, hitting the steering wheel and then slamming in the breaks as he did so. After the car came violently to a stop, and he then turned to glare straight at me.

I looked at him and in a small voice I asked, "Are we there yet?" I tried my hardest not to smile at the look on his face.

Man, if looks could kill. He was fuming, I could almost see the steam coming out his ears, but most of all, his face was bright red, and slowly going purple. It looked like his brains had exploded inside his head and I was seeing the aftermath.

Be careful Jules, he's dangerous... I suddenly thought to myself. I had never thought about him been dangerous before. Alec has always been known for been in trouble with the police, detention everyday, starting fights, breaking girls hearts, there have even been rumours that he's hit some of the girls that piss him off. Most people try to stay away from him, except for the girls that fall completely head over heels and try to change him into their idea of a perfect boyfriend. Like Alec could ever be one of those, despite the small, and very hard to see, good traits.

I was a little more than surprised when he made the deal with me, considering his background, who would of thought he gave a flying fig what his father thought about him. But I still had to be careful, and not get him wound up to much. As much fun as it may be.

"Don't piss me off," He snarled dangerously.

I shivered, everything in my body screamed at me to shut up, but I just couldn't seem to help myself.

"I'm trying to imagine you with a personality." I said before I slapped my hand over my mouth, instantly regretting my words.

I swear I saw the vein in his head pop.

"Shut up or you'll regret it, trust me." He snarled dangerously as he slammed his foot on the accelerator. The car started out forward at a dangerous speed.

"Alec, slow down," I quickly muttered, clawing my fingers into the seat, almost hoping they'll act as a second seat belt.

The car didn't even decrease by a little, in fact he speed up.

"Alec," I groaned as I watched the speedometer dramatically increased more by the second.

"What," He snarled, luckily for me, keeping his eyes on the road ahead.

"Please, slow down." I nervously shivered. I was now shaking all over with fear. Pure fear.

He took a side glance at me then the car slowly decreased a little in speed. But we were still surging forward dangerously.

"Stop!" I finally screamed at him.

He took his eyes off of the road for a second and looked at me before slamming on the brakes, the car screeching loudly as dramatically slowed down. I let out a massive sigh as the car came to a holt on the edge of the road. I declawed my fingers from the seat and quickly clambered out of the car. I jogged to the side of the road and took a quick looked around, we where in the middle of the bush, I took a quick glance back at the car to see Alec now exiting.

I took my chance and ran into the lush green forest. I ran along the soft, damp moss that covered the forest floor. As I ran, the trees whispered softly their secrets into the gentle breeze that ruffled my hair, giving me comfort. The sun blazed down through the foliage, making it glow a light green, looking warm. I wasn't to far off the road as I came across a old tree branch that had long since fallen from the canopy above, as it was covered in the damp, green moss just like the forest floor. I carefully sat on the branch and put my head into my awaiting hands. Slowly the tears escaped from the corner of my eyes. Alec didn't know that one of my best friends was killed in a car accident because he was speeding.

I felt a hand settle on my shoulder.

"Juliette," He muttered softly.

"Look, don't worry about it." I sniffed wiping the tears away with the back of my hand.

"I'm sorry," He muttered louder this time, shaking his head as he sat down beside me.

"No, it's my fault, I shouldn't of pissed you off, I'm the one that should be sorry." I sighed, looking up into his warm, brown eyes.

He chuckled. "You do know how to get under my skin." He shrugged.

"What can I say?" I smiled at him, "It's a gift."

"Cocky much?" He said with a smile, raising a brow.

I chuckled at him, "You still want to go to that date?" He asked.

"We are in the middle of no where," I blankly stated.

"That's what you think." He chuckled with a wink.

He smiled at me. A genuine smile. It made him look so much better then that smirk he always wore. It was cute. Maybe this bad boy wasn't so bad after all.

VOTE COMMENT FOLLOW
Dedication for the amazing cover by XxgothicgirlxX

EDITED

I love you as always!!
Addie xx