Chapter Thirty Three

Beyoncé

"Mama, are y'all still coming next weekend?"I spoke to my mom on speaker as I got myself ready to go to Jay's.

"Yes baby. What about this Eva's family?"I picked up my phone and grabbed my keys as I left my house.

"I can't even imagine how Jay feels right now. He called me last night and I was worried that he was going to do something stupid because he was furious which is understandable. All I know is that the people who I'm having at my home are Shaq, you, Richard, Solo, Angie and Kelly. Anybody else can sleep outside,"I rolled my eyes and she laughed.

"I'll leave you to it baby. We'll talk later. Love you."

"Love you too mama,"I hung up and got into my car as I proceeded to drive to Jay's house.

I was confused as to why Eva brought her whole family from Philadelphia without telling Jay but that was none of my business because my only concern was Shaquille and his well-being. I didn't want to go to this lunch anymore but I wasn't going to let my child be around a whole new family and Jay wanted me to be there.

I drove to Kelly's house to pick her up as I wanted to have company while all the fuckery went down. My best friend came out the house looking like an extra out of Sex in the City and I burst out laughing.

 My best friend came out the house looking like an extra out of Sex in the City and I burst out laughing

"Girl you look cute but who do you think we're going to meet? The Obamas?!"I laughed as she hopped in.

"Okay but I still slay and you have no right to talk dressed like you're about to go to the club. Just drive,"we hugged and she put her seatbelt on as I reversed out of the driveway. "How's my little niece doing?"she felt my bump. I was nearing three months and although my stomach wasn't showing as much before, it was definitely growing by day and I was running out of ways to hide my pregnancy. I was feeling less nauseous but I was still tired. I knew that by next month there'd be no way for me to hide the pregnancy and I'd have to come out but for now I was still planning to not reveal a thing.

"My daughter is kicking my ass but I know the worst is to come in my last trimester,"I giggled.

"They still don't know yet?"I shook my head and Kelly shook her head after. "Bey you know you're going to have to tell them. Jay and Shaq need to be prepared for a whole new life in y'all family. You can't just tell them when you're seven months and expect them to be in the mindset within a space of two months Bey. It's not fair to either of them, or yourself because when you need the support or help they'll struggle,"Kelly stated. I hated when she talked like that because she sounded super super smart and I had to follow her idea.

"I'll wait until after Eva's family leaves only because we've got eyes on us everywhere. I still haven't told my mom or Solange or my family for that matter. I'm just nervous because everything is a hot mess,"I sighed.

"Bey what you're failing to realise is that you've got all of us to help clear this hot mess,"she held my hand and lightly squeezed it making me smile.