Chapter Twenty Seven

Beyoncé:

"Okay, thank you Michelle. Bye."

"Bye Bey,"we hung up as we discussed my line. Everything was running smoothly and I'd be able to start selling my products by Thanksgiving next month.

I sighed placing my phone down on the marble countertops as I anticipated Jay coming over so we could talk to Shaq. He let me know that Shaq was confused about the whole situation and he'd heard us argue before which was far from good because Jay and I had the worst arguments. I wasn't planning on telling Jay that I was pregnant; we were only going to assure Shaq that he was our main priority. I placed my hand on my growing belly and rubbed it, feeling a flutter of butterflies inside me. I was nine weeks along now but I'd already faced all the symptoms; back ache, vomiting, nausea, migraines and way more you couldn't imagine.

I heard the door open and knew it was Shaq using his key to get in. I turned around and saw the two from the opening of the living room.

"Hey baby,"I jumped off the seat and walked to my baby before hugging him.

"Hey Ma,"he pulled away and I noticed that he had been to the barbers.

"Your hair looks good,"I complimented him and he smiled. "Go put your stuff upstairs and come back down. Your dad and I have to talk to you,"I instructed him and he nodded.

"You good Bey?"Jay stuffed his hands in his pockets looking at the ground.

"Mhm. You can sit down,"I allowed him and he sat on my couch. I sat on the other one and kicked my feet up making sure he couldn't see my stomach.

"I've been cleared of charges y'know. Deano confessed,"he told me and I nodded.

"Good for you. Should I bring out the bunting and confetti?"I tilted my head and he rolled his eyes.

"I'm just trying to make things right Beyoncé. I heard you and Kelly went baby shopping this week in Queens,"he folded his arms and I grumbled. Bleek couldn't keep quiet about it and now I'd have Jay on my case again. I'd rather tell him when the time was right, not when his friends were noticing me and running off.

"I told you I'm not pregnant,"I defiantly stood my ground.

"That was last week. Check again."

"Sperm doesn't magically end up in my vagina within a week Jay, you should've listened to Mr Ahmed in biology. You have to have sex to make a baby and we haven't had sex in over a week so try again,"I fake smiled.

"I know when you're lying. I know you Beyoncé Knowles,"he chuckled shaking his head.

"That's funny because I barely know you Shawn Carter. Apart from being the father of my only child, you're just a ghost. Tu comprends?"I raised my eyebrows but he had no chance to respond when Shaq came down the stairs.

"I'm ready,"he sat in between Jay and I.

"Shaquille-"I started.

"Full name? Dang,"he whispered.

"Listen to your mother boy,"Jay told him.

"Your father and I love you to infinity, and nothing will ever change that because you're our child,"I sat up.

"But what about you two? Are y'all arguing?"he looked between us. I looked to Jay to already see him looking at me wondering if I was going to respond.

"Well..we argue, but that's normal for people to do. We're not in a relationship but we're cordial for you. We try as much as we can to make sure that you're secure and if you ever feel as if we're not making you feel secure then you need to tell us,"Jay answered him.

"So what's happening with you and the other woman? Y'all still getting married?"

"Who?"he frowned.

"Elephant,"I mumbled checking my nails.

"Uh..yeah, we're still getting married. Are you happy about that?"Jay rubbed his knees. I looked straight ahead at my son waiting for his response.

"Well..."he started. "I wanted you and Ma to get back with each other because everyone says how y'all went out in high school and before, you guys used to be happy around each other but I guess if y'all are still getting married then..."he trailed off.

"What? You don't like her? She done anything to you baby?"I perked up and Jay frowned at me.

"Beyoncé, chill,"he shook his head.

"I need to know if your fiancée has done anything to my son,"I rolled my eyes.

"She hasn't done anything to upset me Ma. I just wanted y'all to be together but it's cool,"he shrugged. "Can I go now? I've got some homework to do,"he asked and we both nodded.

"Go ahead son, I'll pick you up on Wednesday after school so I can take you to your basketball tryouts for the local team,"I watched them hug and Shaq ran up the stairs.

"Bey I want to take you out to dinner on Friday,"he announced and I raised my head from my nails with my eyebrows raised.

"For what? I got food at home,"I looked him up and down.

"To make up for all the drama from the past few weeks. I hate that we can barely be in each other's presence for five minutes before arguing. I'm used to ur being at least on a chill level,"he leaned back.

"I'm sure Evanka can try and make up for my lost presence in your life,"I giggled. "I've got a date that day anyway,"I looked at him and watched his reaction.

"WHO?!"he snapped.

"His name is Curtis. He's like you, but just a less drug-related version,"I smiled. I wasn't even going to go near Curtis but it was nice watching Jay's veins burst as he got jealous.

"First off, there can never be another version of me. Second, where the hell did you meet him? You don't need him,"he growled.

"No I don't need him but he's fun and entertaining. In the mean time, you can spend your time entertaining this fiancée of yours and keeping your psycho cousin away from our child,"I got up, pulling my shirt down so my bump couldn't peek.

"Why you holding your shirt?"he squinted his eyes.

"I bought the shirt, I can hold it,"I shrugged.

"Beyoncé,"I didn't even notice he was right behind me but I felt him roughly grab my arm and spin me around so our faces were inches apart but our bodies were glued to each other. I sunk into his chocolate eyes as we stood there for minutes not saying a word. I could literally feel my hormones bounce off the walls and all I wanted was for him to pick me up and fuck me right there. I already had his child inside of me so there was no chance of getting pregnant but I wanted him so bad. He never took his eyes off me and that made me wet even more. Caught in a trance, his hand smoothly stretched over my ass and he rubbed it.

"I'll see you on Friday,"he squeezed my ass and backed up away from me staring at me. I gulped and watched him walk towards the door and walk out of my house.