Coffee Shop AU (K)

Start from the beginning

"So, I actually have something to ask you." Lance stuffed his hands in pockets, trying to conceal how nervous he was.

"Oh? What's that?"

"Would you like to go out on a date with me?" Lance rushed out quickly. "I mean, if you dont want to that's okay I don't want you to feel pressured. It's just that I really like you and maybe you like me too-"

"Yes."

Lance stopped, he wondered if he heard Keith correctly. "What?"

"Yes. I'd like to go on a date with you."

"Really? I mean, are you sure?"

"I'm pretty sure Lance. I like you too." Keith couldn't help the blush that took over his face.

Lance let out a breath of relief. "Great! That's great. Pick you up when you get off?"

"I'll see you then."

Lance gave him a bright smile and began to walk out when Keith called his name.

"Lance!"

Lance turned, "Yeah, Keith?"

"Do you even know when I get off?"

"Uh, no." He scratched the back off his head in slight embarrassment; he hadn't thought of asking that.

Keith just laughed. "See you at 7 o'clock, loverboy."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As promised, Lance arrived in his car at 7 o'clock outside of Kosmos'.

Keith walked out of the shop and waved at Lance. He was nervous, and excited, but mainly nervous about how the date would go.

"Hi." He greeted Lance once he got in the car.

"Hi." Lance smiled. "So, I was thinking that maybe we could get something to eat and go to that place with all the lights, if that's okay with you?"

"Sounds great."

Lance drove off to a pizza parlor where they ordered enough pizza and sides to feed them for a week.

They talked and laughed as they ate; Lance told many stories of him growing up with so many siblings.

"I'm so full." Keith groaned as he shut the door to the car; they were now going to a famous spot in their town.

It was a little area in the heart of the city. In the day, it was bustling with street vendors selling food and hand made jewelry while parents rushed through the day, having to pull their children away from the various toys on display.

But at night, hundreds of fairy lights that were strung through the trees and bushes gave the spot a beautiful, soft golden glow.

Once Lance parked, they got out and he went to the trunk to retrieve his guitar. Keith shot him a confused look but Lance simply smiled and they walked to a nearby tree.

They sat down on the soft grass, the guitar sat nicely in Lances lap.

"Why did you bring your guitar?" Keith asked, curious but intrigued. He loved listening to Lance sing and play. The way his soft yet strong voice sang the words of any song and how he payed special attention to the chords.

Lance chuckled nervously. "I wanted to play you a song because I like you alot and I wanted to show it in the best way possible."

Keith blushed a bright red at that, but couldn't keep the wide smile off of his face.

Lance picked up the guitar to position it correctly and placed his hands and fingers in the right spots.

Immediately, Keith felt as though he was in a trance as he listened to the other boy playing a soft melody.

I think that possibly, maybe, I'm falling for you
Yes, there's a chance that I've fallen quite hard over you
I've seen the path that your eyes wander down
I wanna come too
I think that possibly, maybe, I'm falling for you

Keith listened intently to the lyrics Lance was singing and found himself falling even harder for him.

No one understands me quite like you do
Through all of the shadowy corners of me

Lance kept glancing Keith every now and then to see his reaction. He was extremely happy when he saw the big smile on Keith's face.

I never knew just what it was about this old coffee shop I love so much
All of the while, I never knew
I never knew just what it was about this old coffee shop I love so much
All of the while, I never knew

I think that possibly, maybe, I'm falling for you
Yes, there's a chance that I've fallen quite hard over you

Lance played the melody for a little while longer before ending the shop and looking at a happy Keith.

Before he could say anything, Keith launched himself at Lance and hugged him tightly while bringing them both down.

"I really like you too." He whispered into the crook of Lances neck.

Lance smiled with pure relief and joy on his face, he wrapped his arms around Keith and pulled him closer.

"Do me the honor of being my boyfriend?" Lance whispered after laying in a comfortable silence, his fingers running through Keith's hair.

Keith hummed contently, "I'd love to be your boyfriend."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I surprise myself sometimes lol. I actually really like this and I hope you did too:)

The song is "Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop" by Landon Pigg.

Please feel free to correct any grammar/spelling mistakes. I make alot, just ask my best friend who will read this later lmao.

Thank you very much for reading and I hope you have an amazing day/evening or whatever time of day it is where you live lol <3

See you next time,

-sweetpotatoe817