Chapter 3

~Michael~

My chest was heaving and my body was covered in sweat. I gripped my knees tightly as I tried to catch my breath. I looked up and glared at my annoying best friend, who was throwing a dagger up in the air and catching it before it could fall on the ground. He had me dogging his daggers for the past hour.

"I fucking hate you so much." I groaned.

Calum laughed and shook his head. "You won't be saying that when you're in the middle of battle and my training saved your life."n

I gave him a look. "What battle?"

He shrugged. "One in the future, I don't know. Just stop being a baby and let's go again."

I shook my head. "No fuck that. I'm done."

"Come on Mikey, just one more time!" He pleaded.

I was about to refuse again when some kid, probably 12 or 13, walked up to us looking extremely nervous. He was visibly shaking. Calum looked a little concerned, but I didn't give a single shit.

"What do you want?" I barked.

The kid jumped, but he didn't run away. "C-Chiron wants to talk to y-you. H said to m-meet him by the fields."

"Did he say what he wanted?" I asked.

He shook his head. "H-He sa-aid it was u-urgent."

"Great. Tell him I'll be right there." I mumbled.

The kid practically ran away from us, which I found amusing. Calum did as well because he chuckled as the kid sped off.

"What do you think Chiron needs?" Cal asked.

I shrugged as I picked up my sword. "No clue, but let's hope it's not about using shadow travel to sneak off last weekend."

Cal grimaced as he patted his back. "Good luck man."

"Thanks." I mumbled.

I took my time going down to the Strawberry Fields. I stopped by my cabin first, dropping off my sword and training equipment. Then I went over to the camp store where Annie was working to bother her a little. When I told her I was on my way to see Chiron she practically shoved me out and yelled at me to get down to the fields.

"Yes mom." I grumbled.

Annie galred at me with her angry dark brown eyes. "I'm serious Michael. Get down there now before you get yourself in trouble."

"Who cares? It's not the first time." I scoffed.

"I care! Your mom cares!" She pointed out. "Chiron has been nothing, but kind to us and the last thing we need to disrespect him."

My eyebrows furrowed. "Just because he's been nice doesn't mean he earns my respect."

She folded her arms. "But him being a camp director does."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Okay whatever Melanie. I'm gonna go find Chiron now."

She gave me a good punch on the shoulder before returning to her work. A lot of people thought Annie and I were the same, but they couldn't be more wrong. Both of us were completely two different people. Not only with how we acted, but with how looked too.

Annie was much livelier and outgoing. Even though she was considered an outcast, she wasn't afraid to put herself out there. I, on the other hand, made it my priority to avoid anyone deemed annoying (Which was everyone).

Another thing was that she was always worried of what the people she cared of thought of her. For instance there was a time she was scared of what her fish friend Ashton thought of her. She was worried he would think she was too weird or something like that. Me personally, I couldn't give two shits. Calum could have thought me a terrible person. All I needed to know was if at the end of the day the guy had my back.