Chapter 1

~Melanie~

There was a loud banging noise coming from my outside my door causing me to awaken from peaceful slumber. I pulled my covers over my head, hoping to drown out the noise. This worked until someone started yelling.

"Mel wake the fuck up and open the door!" The deep voice boomed through the door.

"No!" I yelled back.

"Mel if you don’t open this door in five seconds, I swear on the gods I’ll break it down."

I didn’t say anything. There was a long silence. Assuming they had left, I snuggled deeper into my covers. I was about to drift back to sleep when a very large mass fell on top of me.

"Shit!" I yelped as my breath was knocked out of me. I peered over and saw mess of blonde curls. "Get the fuck off me Iwrin!"

"No! Not until you say you’ll get up." He giggled.

I shifted a little, but that only made things worse. “I am a creature of darkness! We do not bask in the sun.”

Ash scoffed and I could feel him roll his eyes. “Okay creature of darkness, whatever you say. But I’m still not moving until you wake up.”

"Fine!" I groaned. "I’m up!"

He giggled as he moved off me and I felt an ache in my limbs. Once he was completely off, I reached over and gave him a good smack on the head.

"Ow!" He complained.

I rolled my eyes. “Don’t even pretend that hurt, fish brains.”

He narrowed his eyes. “Whatever, hell hound.”

"I prefer to think of myself as a cat." I smirked.

It was Ashton’s turn to roll his eyes. “You’re such a weirdo. Now get dressed or you’ll miss breakfast.”

With another groan, I got up from my bed, walked over to my dresser, and pulled out some clothes. I was about to get dressed when I noticed Ash was still in the room.

"Uh Ash… You kinda need to leave if you want me to get dressed."

He held a sinister grin. “You can change in front of me. I don’t mind.”

I gaped at him. “Ashton Fletcher Irwin get out now or I will call your mother!”

He held up his hands and giggled. “Alright, alright! No need to get drastic.”

"I’ll see you at breakfast." Ash gave me a small peck on the cheek before walking out.

I shook my head and chuckled softly. Most girls would swoon over the fact that Ashton had kissed their cheek. Not me though. His son of the Sea God charm never worked on me. He was just my annoying best friend and would remain that way until the day I died.

My stomach rumbled loudly, breaking me from my thoughts. I quickly pulled on my black, denim shorts and my ugly orange camp shirt. Not feeling bothered about my hair, I merely ran my fingers through my ebony locks before pulling it into a high ponytail. I moved onto my makeup next.

With the amount of time I spent on makeup, you would think I was a daughter of Aphrodite. I wasn’t ashamed of it either. I just really liked making my eyes look like they were a part of the night sky. Which called for black eyeliner and mascara.

After a quick check, I slipped on my black vans and raced out the door. The sun was incredibly bright and warmed up my fair skin. I say fair,  but to be honest I was just pale. No matter what I did, I could never tan and I was completely okay with that.