Chapter Three / Ordinary

"I want a normal child!" He screamed as his wife put her hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry sir, there's nothing we can do. She was born this way." The doctor said ; He looked down, lost of hope. "I'll try to make her normal."

—'

"Ayano, here." He gave her a teddy bear, a huge one. "Oh my, how will we fit this inside your room? You have so many gifts from your father already, Ayano." Her mother said and she smiled at her. "I'll put it on my bed!" She replied, with a smile. The smile was wide, yet empty.

The girl went outside and saw children running around. She was going to join them, to look normal so her father will feel happy. She looked to the left, and the boy who lived beside her was there, sitting there in his backyard on the grass, gasping for air. He looked up and saw Ayano and waved at her with a cheerful smile.

She made her way into his backyard as he stood up. "Are you okay? You have blood on your face." She said as she offered him her handkerchief. He blushed, the pretty girl from the window is actually talking to him. "I'm okay, it's part of the training." He replied to her and took her handkerchief to wipe his face. "Doesn't it hurt?" ; "My dad told me I must learn to fight now. I want to be like him."

"We're the same then." She said quietly. "Because I want to be like my mother." ;

-Present Time

Ayano has been getting better. She's friends with Osana now, and I can see she actually feels real. Happiness. I don't know if it's because of me, but I'm glad things are the way they are now. Budo thought.

"Budo." He heard Ayano call him. "Yes?" He could see the stressful expression on her face. "Ayano, what's wrong?" He asked. "Let's talk." She replied quietly.

As they sat down at one of the cafeteria tables, Ayano looked at him. "People think we're a couple." She said. Oh that's the problem to her. Even if he felt a little happy, he could see that she didn't like it. "What should we do? We spend a lot of time together." He said.

"Senpai asked me if I was dating you." She said sharply. Eh? "Really? He must be curious then." He said surprised. "Look, I don't want people to think that. Let's limit interactions at school. You can help me with stuff at home only. Alright?" She suggested and looked at him. No, not alright. I want to spend time with you more. "Alright princess."

-After school
"How do I convince him to think that we're not dating? I barely talk to him." Ayano gushed. "You can take advantage of this, and get closer to him." Budo replied.

Eh, good idea. Ayano thought.

"Why don't we go to him together tomorrow? He knows me pretty well." He said. "Okay." Ayano replied. A moment of silence goes between them. "Why do you like Taro anyways?" Budo asked suddenly. What's so good about him? He thought. "He gives me feelings... I've never felt feelings or emotions before." She replied with a quiet voice.

It was true, she changed after she met Taro. Her completely emotionless self had some spice compared to when Budo first started stalking her from his window.

"Don't I give you new emotions too?" He asked. Ayano remained silent, causing also Budo to shut his mouth. 'I never thought about that...' Ayano whispered under her breath. "That's true but-" She tried to defend herself, "You like Taro only." Budo cut her off. "Yeah, I guess..." Ayano replied.

That hurts. Budo thought. But what can he do?
"Has your mom checked on you?" Budo asked. "Not yet." Ayano replied. "Do you have plans? Let's eat." Budo changed the subject. He knows Ayano is sensitive about her mother. "Sure, let me cook."

Ayano went to the kitchen as Budo sat down on the couch. Feels like we're married. He thought. "Budo," Ayano called from the kitchen. "Yes?" He replied and looked over. Ayano was looking at him, holding a knife.

Uh-oh. Fetishes are coming back. Budo thought as the image of Ayano killing people played in his mind.

"Do you want the chicken with onions?" She asked. "Uh, sure." He replied awkwardly. Ayano smiled amusingly at him as she watched his awkwardness.

-Next day at school
Ayano walked with Osana, both of them chatting lively. It seems Ayano finally found a friend.

"So how are you and Zameshiro?" Ayano asked. Osama blushed. "He's sweet, I never thought he liked me." Osana replied embarrassed. Moving on from senpai wasn't hard for Osana, since another handsome boy confessed to her after she befriended Ayano.

"What about you and Masuta?" Osana asked and looked at Ayano. "Huh? What do you mean?" Ayano replied, confused. "Don't tell me you're not dating him?" Osana said and giggled. "Of course not, we're friends!" Ayano defended as Osana tried to suppress her laugh. What kind of friends go to each other's houses at night? Osana thought and looked at Ayano who was embarrassed.

"Speaking of Budo, I saw him at the nurse's office, do you know why?" Osana asked Ayano. Ayano was surprised. "Really, I don't know anything." Ayano said concerned. "Maybe you should check on him." Osana replied and Ayano nodded. "See you." Ayano said and rushed off to see Budo.

And she says she doesn't like him. Osana thought ti herself and laughed.

...

"Budo?" Ayano called as soon as she saw him. "Ayano? Why are you here?" Budo said surprised. "Osana said you were here. What's wrong?" She asked him. "Oh no, I'm fine. It's Ren here that's sick. He had a fever." He said. "Hi Aishi." A voice that belonged to Juku Ren sounded from behind the curtains. Ayano sighed in relief. "I was worried for a second there."

New emotion unlocked: Worry

Aw, she was worried? For me? Budo thought. "It's fine, I'm fine." He reassured her and smiled. "Okay, just don't catch the cold from him." Ayano told him and smiled back. "I can throw it." He laughed. "Funny." Ayano said, not amused.

She walked off, and Budo stared at her back. She's so pretty. He thought and smiled to himself.

"Just date already." Ren teased. "I'll kill you." Budo replied, annoyed as Ren laughed.

Chapter 3 / Ordinary
End

- Author's note
Yeah, I updated. Sorry for the long wait! Episode 4 is 50% finished. So don't worry :) Wish me luck on my exam results uwu

Thank you for reading!