Chapter 2

_______________________________

"Holy fuck, I'm going to die."

"Louis, stop being dramatic. You have a hangover, not a knife in your back."

Louis sits up abruptly and glares at the rest of the group. "Seems like I do by the way you guys let me get last night..."

Nick rolls his eyes. "Louis, you're older than all of us. Stop acting as if you need a babysitter." He informs him, a bit annoyed. "Besides, Harry was trying to take care of you all night. Emphasis on trying."

Louis looks over at the younger boy with a sinister smile. "Oh, is that so? New boy, is that true?"

He stays silent, looking down at his lap as he toys with the rings on his fingers. He has been quiet all morning, not uttering a word besides 'good morning' when he first walked in.

Louis sits up all the way, crossing his legs on the plush, brown couch. "What's the matter, boyo? Bad hangover too?"

Harry just nods, still not saying a word.

Before Louis could pester him any more, Simon's head pokes in to inform them that they have five minutes until they have to be at the table.

Nick sighs and kicks his feet up onto the coffee table once Simon is out of sight. "I can't wait to see that cute contestant again tonight."

Louis arches a brow. "Care to share?"

He waves a hand. "Just an adorable boy I have discovered to crush on. No big deal, right lads?"

Louis scoffs. "Yeah? How about we make a bet?"

Harry glances up at this. He knows the outcome of this and it's never good. "Uhm..."

They all look at the boy with curious eyes. "What was that, Harry?" Nick asks, now eager.

"N-Nothing. It's nothing."

"Accept the bet, Nick. Or are you a pussy?" Louis says, leaning forward towards the lad.

He scoffs just as Louis had before. "Of course not. What's the bet, Tomlinson? Can't be worse than the one I gave you last year with Eleanor Calder."

"Zip it." Louis warns. "I bet you won't shag the boy before the end of the competition."

Nick thinks about it. "You're on."

They shake hands, smiling deviously at each other. It's like making a deal with the devil.

...

"This water is piss warm."

"Be grateful you got one after last week's incident."

Louis glares at Simon out of the corner of his eye. "Isn't it about time for you to retire, you old bag?"

He only laughs. "Isn't about time for you to grow up?"

Louis huffs and crosses his arms over his chest. He catches Harry glancing over at him and he smirks. They're all waiting for the competition to begin, sitting in their chairs patiently as the audience chatters behind them.