Chapter 7

________________________________

Louis wakes up with knives stabbing into his skull, like he does typically every morning as a result of the previous night's activities. He sits up and immediately regrets his decision, falling back onto the cushions he was on. Wait...

He sits up abruptly now, looking around the room in a panic.

"Woah, Tommo, why do you look so scared?" Zayn asks, walking towards him from his desk. 

Louis looks at his friend with a puzzled expression. "What... How did I get here?" He asks, every event from last night is a huge blur. He needs to try to piece it together and hopefully his friend has some answers. 

"Your curly friend dropped you off. Said you kept saying my name in the car so he drove all the way here just for you to projectile vomit on my rug. Thanks, by the way..." 

Louis hangs his head in shame. "I'm sorry... Was that it? Not that that isn't bad, but did I do anything worse..?" He asks timidly, remembering the state he was in the last time he was in this dorm room. 

Zayn glances down at Louis' phone that sits face down on the table. "Might wanna look at that first, it was buzzing nonstop all morning." 

The boy groans, running his hands over his face while sitting up slowly. All he remembers is arriving at the club and having a round of shots. After that... It's a tad blurry.

Nick the dick: yo where the fuck is louis

Shawn: one, idk. two, why the fuck are u awake voluntarily rn ?

Nick the dick: well i, for one, didn't get shit faced like all of u did last night

Nick the dick: i'm smart

Shawn: fuck off

Niall: i woke up cuddling my toilet

Niall: what the fuck happened

Shawn: aww nialler, ur awake 

Niall: shut up

Niall: im going back to bed and never waking up again

Nick the dick: ok so louis is just mia

Nick the dick: good talk as always lads

Louis prepares to type, thinking of something witty that matches his 'I don't give a fuck' personality. 

Louis: im in bora bora fuckers !!

Louis smirks, patting himself on the back mentally for his response. They're totally gonna fall for it. 

Nick: ha-ha. see you at work tomorrow, louis 

Fuck. 

Zayn places a steaming mug in front of Louis on the coffee table and sits on the edge of his bed, looking at his friend wearily. He doesn't know what happened or where the boy went last night but when he came crashing through his door at five in the morning, you could say he was pretty concerned for his well being.

He takes a timid sip from his own steaming mug. "What happened to you last night, mate? We need to talk about it..." 

Louis ignores the mug, instead falling back onto the futon and covering his face with his hands. He needs to quit drinking so much on nights out, it does more harm than good every single time... "I don't want to talk about it."

"Louis."

"Zayn." 

Zayn points to the orange-ish stain in the middle of his white rug and Louis cringes. "That is not going to happen again. Now tell me everything you remember." 

Louis closes his eyes and places himself back at the club from the night before. Everyone is dancing and having fun around him, the lads are all there, close to him and asking if he wants to get a drink since they had just arrived. He remembers Harry being nervous ever since they stepped in the door.

"What are you smiling about?" Zayn asks and Louis immediately wipes the smile off his face, shaking those images away. 

"Nothing. Now shush, I'm remembering."

Okay, so there were lots of drinks. Lots of drinks... 

"Let's just start with work yesterday, how'd that go?" Zayn asks, sounding more like a therapist than a curious friend. 

"Work was fine, same as always. Boring." Louis replies but suddenly freezes, remembering a key plot point from the day before. "I may have told Harry about Nick..."

Zayn sits up straighter, places his mug on his bedside table and placing his hands on his knees. He leans forward towards him. "You did what?"

Louis finally reaches for the mug and takes a sip from it. "It was stupid, I know, but the clumsy idiot is just so easy to talk to. He looks at you like you're the most important person in his life. I feel like he could even get you to admit to murder."

Zayn furrows his brows at this information. "Murder?"

Louis waves a hand. "Forget about that. So I told the boy about my sad, fucked up past with our coworker... He didn't seem to mind because he was going to dance with me at the bar."

"Oh?"

"He caught me after I did a stage dive, isn't that romantic, Zaynie?" 

He rolls his eyes. "I've even stopped you from doing that, it's called keeping you alive, Louis. You're a liability on nights out, you know this." 

"Anywayssss.... We were just about to tear up the dance floor when Nick cock blocked by telling us we needed to go because Niall had a contest with another bloke to see who could down the most beers in five minutes. I stayed and I guess curly did too because you said he dropped me off here..." He finishes, picturing everything clearly in his mind now. "So I guess I do remember. Huh."

Zayn smirks and reaches to take another sip of his tea. "So he knows about Nick, hm?"

"Yes, Zayn. I'm super glad your hearing is in check."

"Interesting."

_

so.

my last update was when i turned 21 and now i'm 23 :D

embarrassing... but a lot has happened in my life, good and bad:/

i'll be back soon, i promise xoxo

-s