Chapter Four: Outburst

-+-Dipper-+-
My eyes opened slowly. I was faced with the sight of grass.. it felt like that, anyways. The sharp pain had dulled, but it was definitely still there. I sat up to see Grunkle Stan arguing with Grunkle Ford still, and Mabel was tugging on Bill's golden dovetail coat, begging him to let me go, she was acting like her 12-year-old self again, which really wasn't all that different from the way she is now. The coat had a brick pattern on it that was clear as day, so I'm not sure how I didn't see it before.
Then, I saw something that made my heart skip a beat. After looking up at my body for a few minutes, I realized that I wasn't breathing. I ran towards Mabel, trying to pull her off of Bill, but I slipped and fell back. I fell through the ground and into darkness, and for a brief moment, everything seemed louder. Mabel's sobs, both of my Grunkles' unrelenting remarks to each other, but the loudest thing I could hear lasted forever. Bill's laugh echoed in my head. It was so loud, that I could barely hear the screams of my family. Suddenly, it all stopped.

I slowly opened my eyes, afraid of what I would see. It almost didn't surprise me when I saw Mabel and both of my Grunkles lying dead on the forest floor, but it didn't make the sight any less horrible to look at. Before I knew it, my own lifeless body was gone, and Bill was just inches away from my face. I shoved him away, but I then realized that his arms were wrapped around me. "B-Bill..?" I felt my face heat up.

"Sorry, Pinetree~" Bill smirked, inching closer to my face. A few tense moments passed, before Bill teleported farther from me, laughing. "You're so gullible! Did you really I was going to kiss you?"
"Wh- Well.. I-" my face was on fire, I was blushing so much that anyone could see it from a mile away.
"Alright, alright Pinetree. You gave me a good laugh, so I'll 'humor you', as you humans say."

Bill appeared close to me. He placed a cold, gloved finger under my chin and forced me to look at him. He smiled and kissed me on the nose.

-+-Mabel (a few minutes earlier)-+-
Me and my Grunkles carried Dipper back to the shack. Just a few minutes after Dipper had passed out, Bill disappeared. God, I hate that triangle so much.. or, maybe he wasn't a triangle anymore?
Grunkle Ford broke the silence between the three of us. "I was so sure that Bill was possessing Dipper, even if it was you who brought it up, Mabel."
"Well, we weren't completely wrong about Bill coming back.." I replied, I was determined to stay positive, even if it was hard. I looked at Dipper's body. He hadn't been breathing for a while, but recently he'd started to, it was just a little, but enough that we knew he was going to live.

When we returned to the shack, and set Dipper on his bed to rest, we all went down to have a family meeting, but it didn't feel like one; not without Dipper.

We sat down at the dining room table, and for a few moments, awkward silence filled the air. "So.. Bill's back... what does he want?" I spoke up.
"He most likely wants to take over the world again, and succeed. He seems to have a sort of interest in Dipper, maybe Bill needs him?" Ford responded.
"What? That's crazy Grunkle Ford! Sure, Dipper has a bunch of useless knowledge floating around in his head, but if anything, Bill would need you for that barrier breaking equation thingy!" I found myself yelling back at Ford.

Suddenly Grunkle Stan cut in. "That triangle is probably just using the kid as bait!"
"But that's not fair! If Bill doesn't even need Dipper, why wouldn't he just take what he needed instead of playing with us like this?" I yelled, tears began to form in my eyes. It wasn't fair. Not to Grunkle Ford, Grunkle Stan, or me. Most of all, though, it wasn't fair to Dipper. I got up from my seat and went upstairs to check on my brother.

-+-Dipper-+-
I had woken up long ago to the sound of Mabel's distant voice, yelling. "What? That's crazy Grunkle Ford! Sure, Dipper has a bunch of useless knowledge floating around in his head, but if anything, Bill would need you for that barrier breaking equation thingy!" I heard.

I had just gotten out of bed before I'd head that, but I decided not to go downstairs, I didn't feel like facing my family again. Not after Ford thought that I was Bill, not after running into the woods like a coward, and especially not after the dream I had.

Oh god.
The dream.
I had almost completely forgotten about what had happened, but once I did, I couldn't help but feel shame for what happened.
Bill kissed me.
He kissed me on the nose,
but he kissed me.
I only felt worse for originally thinking that he would. I walked back to my bed and sat on it, staring at the ground and thinking to myself.
They hate me.
What if they find out about my dream?
They'd kill me.
I hate this.
I hate myself for this.
This is my fault.

Suddenly, the room door opened, and Mabel stood in the doorway. "Bro-Bro! You didn't tell me you were up!"

"Oh- well.. I just got up a few minutes ago.." I lied. In response, Mabel gave me a suspicious look before smiling again. "Well I'll tell everyone you're up. Maybe Grunkle Stan'll make Stancakes!"
I smiled slightly "Okay, okay.. I just need a few minutes to myself though.."
Mabel groaned. "Fine. 5 minutes." She said, walking out of the room.
I caught her smile just before she left, and it only made me feel worse. If things didn't go my way, I may never see that smile ever again.

Suddenly, somebody knocked on the open door. "Dude, you okay?" I looked up to see Wendy in the doorway. "Wendy, hey!" I smiled, standing up. Wendy smiled back, wrapping her arms around me in a hug. "Hey dude, was the floor interesting?"

"What?"
"You were just staring at the floor when I came in." Wendy replied.
"Oh.. well I was just thinking." I muttered.

Mabel's voice rang out from downstairs. "Wendy! Dipper! Stancakes are ready!"
Wendy laughed "No way I'm eating that stuff." We walked downstairs, talking to each other. It was nice, and it felt like for one moment, everything was okay.

Once we'd gotten our 'Stancakes' I only ended up staring at them, thinking about what my family would say if they found out about my dream. "You okay kid? You've been staring at your food forever." Grunkle Stan asked me.
"Yeah.. I'm just not very hungry."
"Are you sure bro-bro? You haven't eaten recently." Mabel cut in.
"I said I'm fine."

"Dipper, you really should eat something-" Ford spoke up. I snapped, slamming my hands on the table and standing up. "I said I'm fine!" I walked up to my room.

I didn't mean to yell.
I'm sorry Mabel.
I'm sorry Grunkle Ford.
I'm sorry Grunkle Stan.
Maybe it's best if we don't see each other for a while.

God, it sounds like I'm breaking up with my family.
I slammed the door to the room and flopped on my bed. I only got a few seconds of silence before Mabel knocked on the door. "Dipper? I'm sorry that we annoyed you.. can I come in?" I thought about it for a minute, before getting up and opening the door to face Mabel.
"Dipper?" She started. I cut her off, hugging her tight.

"I'm sorry, Mabel."

(A/N: Wow this feels like it took forever to write! I think this took like- 3 hours. Oof. Well, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! ~Depy)