Chapter 36 - Beliefs In Love.

Start from the beginning

I came to the elevator and pressed on the lobby's floor. I exited and saw Darren standing by the receiption counter while conversing with one of the receiptionist.

I shook my head on his natural flirty self and walked up to him.

"Oh, hey. You guys got such an amazing receptionist here. " he complimented the woman and she blushed profusely while eyeing him with shyness.

God, my friend here is such an embarrassment.

"Can we leave already? " I said while forming my face as if I'm disgusted and he chuckles before leading us out to his car.

We paced out to the parking area and as I was walking, I misstep on one of the road divider on between each lots. That made me to stumble lightly and when I was about to get my balance, Darren was holding me up on my waist.

I quickly moved away while excusing myself as it felt so uncomfortable with another man holding me like that and I adjusted my heels properly before setting on my steps again.

Unexpectedly, I was startled when Nathan punched Darren right across his cheek and Nathan immediately collared him.

"You bastard, how dare you? She's my wife, you know that. So stay away from her- " Nathan growled in utter anger and I cut him off in middle as I came up to them while pushing Nathan away from collaring Darren.

"What is wrong with you, Nathan? Why do you have to punch him like this? Have you gone mad? " I yelled at him and he only glared at Darren, his bottom lips dripping slowly with blood.

"He held you like that on purpose and how dare he lay his hands on you? " Nathan shouted as he marched up to beat Darren again, but I was quick to stand in between them and Nathan was eyeing me down.

"Nathan, it's my fault. I was being clumsy and he just helped me to not stumble backwards. You get it all wrong and what the hell are you even doing here? I remember I told you that it's my big day today and you have to come all over here to ruin it, right? " I raged as I got caught with my anger.

"Ishita, I was keeping it low while seeing you from afar like I usually do but he had to do that heroic move and held you li- " I cut him off again.

"Stop being jealous already. Darren is a good friend of mine and you know that I'm still married you, then how could you think of us like that? It's an accident and he helped me, that's it. " I said and he stared at me with unreadable emotions.

"You don't know, love. You have no idea what he's upto throughout this entire project work. He challenged me yesterday, saying that he's in- " Nathan was saying but Darren cut him in this time.

"I had enough with this bullshits, Ishita. Do you still want to go check the sites or what? " Darren grumbled under his breath while glaring Nathan in return.

"No, love. I'm warning you, he's not like you th- " Nathan started but I finished it off for him.

"That's it, Nathan. I had enough of your jealousy eyes right now. You speak as if you understand me fully yesterday but now, your going completely against it. Leave that whatever he's upto on me but don't you trust me? " I asked him, my voice lowered over the hurt I'm feeling.

"No, Ishita. I trust you, I completely do. But I don't trust him, he's just playing that nice friend- " Nathan was saying and I shushed him down.

"Leave me alone, Nathan. Your coming back to the same thing again and again. I had enough with your scene here, now I want you leave me alone. " I let know sternly and turned myself away from him. Signalling Darren to lead us the way, we began walking and I was resisting my level to not run back to him.

I know I hurt him and I just want him to trust me but he's clearly not getting it.

Leave me alone, Nathan. My heart breaks to say those words but I had no choice and I was battling with my mind of why doesn't he trust me. He said he loves me so why don't he at least believe in that love.

I know how does it feel to see your love with another man as I felt the same with him when he's around another woman, but I never exaggerate a scene, aren't I?

Now, poor Darren, had to aid on that bloody lips and he's just a genuine friend so why hating him?

I was taking every steps in difficulty as I really wish to look at my husband right now and I gasped when I got stopped by someone holding onto my wrist. I was spun around and my mind went empty when soft demanding lips smashed on mine.

Nathan, my husband. He's kissing me harder and deeper with an intensely urgent need. His arms went everywhere up my back and over my waist to pull me closer.

With my mind being clouded with desire, I gave in to him gradually as my own arms started wrapping around his neck and my heart races wildly. I began calming the beats down, but it went pointless and I was breathless as he pulled away.

My eyes slowly opened and he's eyeing me lovingly. His hands then traveled up to cup on my cheeks and as he did so, he rested our foreheads together.

"I love you so much, my love. And that also follows by the trust. I know, I have become alike the green-eyed monster and I'm sorry about it. I want you to know that I believe in you...our love fully and I'm not giving up on us. Not at all. " he said sweetly.

"You sure, you will be okay for me to work with Darren? " I asked him in disbelief on the sudden change of emotions.

"Yes, I'm super sure. I know what he's seeking for and I'm hating him with all I have but you just assured me that no matter what, your mine. No bastard can come in between us and I'm sure even if he tried too, our love wouldn't let them in. " Nathan said and for the last sentence, he threw a death glare towards Darren.

"But....won't you still feel insecure? " I mumbled and he shake his head.

"No, I won't. Urmmm, let me tell you...after this, I will only come to see you when you ask me too so that you could focus on the project freely and I'm going to let you be for sometime. I felt like pressuring you lately and I'm going to quit doing it, alright? I will wait for you no matter how many days it take. " he announced and I was hating his last last two exclamation about not seeing me again.

"Now, go and have a good time on your first day project, wifey.  " Nathan said softly and let go of my face, stepping backwards as he ushered me to go.

What just happened? I was terribly confused and dejected of his saying.

In between all this chaos, I forget this human being waiting right behind me and he was annoyingly looking away as he began stomping towards his car.

I followed behind him quietly after taking a few glances at my husband who's smiling at me while waving his hand.