We Hang Out With/ We're Friends With: Jack!~

School had ended a couple hours ago but Y/N had stayed nearby to go to some local stores and explore the town.

The young girl's eyes roamed the streets and the different people as they walked by. Her curious eyes landed on a group of vaguely familiar schoolmates from earlier. They surrounded the kind boy, Jack, in a way that all but reeked of hostility. Y/N hoped she was wrong.

She wasn't, unfortunately. The gaggle of boys pushed and mocked the freckled redhead as he struggled to find a way out of the hellish circle. Y/N couldn't stand by any longer. She ran across the street and over to the group.

"Stop it!"

The group of boys stopped their fun to glare at whoever dared speak up. They were mildly surprised to see the new girl storming over, anger written all over her young face. They could hardly contain their laughter. "What's the matter, Miss?" One of the boys asked, his voice oozing with mockery.

Y/N wasn't having it. "Don't you dare talk to me that way." Without a second to waste, Y/N pushed through the group of boys and held Jack's twitching hand. "Jack, are you okay?"

Jack tried to speak; he really did but heavens knows how messed up his cogs got. "H-home...home." His thin hand pointed at the dark house that stood over the tallest hill. He needed to get to Madeleine urgently.

Miss L/N understood right away. She made sure he was alright before starting their trip to the house on the hill.

"Leaving so soon, Miss? We were just playing around." The bullies formed a wall in front of Jack and Y/N to hinder them. "Let's not be too hasty. You could leave the freak here and get home safe or stay and suffer the same fate." The leader of the bootlickers folded his arms across his chest and smirked at the red faced girl.

If it were possible, Y/N would have hospitalized for her boiling blood. "How dare- you know what?" Without a moment's hesitation, Y/N decked the boy in front of her. "Let that be a lesson to you!" She ran away with Jack while the boys were distracted helping their injured friend.

"Thank...you." Jack uttered, his breath faltering. Y/N shook her head. "No need to thank me. You're not home yet." The girl's grip on his hand tightened enough to not hurt him as she ran faster.

The two were at Jack's doorstep within minutes. Y/N huffed as she knocked on the tall door rapidly. "Another rush like that and I just might collapse", said Y/N before glancing at Jack who was now leaning on her. "Anyone home?" She knocked again.

A stout, but very pretty woman answered the door. She gasped and yanked the two kids inside. "Madeleine, hurry, it's Jack!" Two women ran to what Y/N assumed was the kitchen. While a tall woman with beautiful, grey hair tossed everything off the dinner table and placed a barely conscious Jack onto it, the two remaining women attended to-interrogated- Y/N. They leaned in close to the frightened girl.

"Who are you, young lady?"
"Y/N L/N."

"No, but who are you to Jack?"
"I'm not sure! I'm just a classmate of his!"

"Did you do this? Who did this?"
"What?! No, I didn't do this! Some ratbags were hurting him and I didn't know what to do so I just ran over to them but he needed help and so I brought him here! I really don't know what's going so could you please stop yelling!"

It was quiet for a few seconds before a strong, ticking sound began. A collective sigh of relief fell upon the room, but Y/N was still confused. "What's going on?" Y/N asked softly, too tired to raise her voice.

"Young lady", the grey haired woman turned from the impromptu operating table to face Y/N, "I think it's best you go home now-".

"No, Madeleine. Please let her stay a while." Jack wheezed as he sat up after buttoning up his shirt. "Y/N helped me when some bullies from school were hurting me. Really, you should have seen her. I don't think I would have made it home had she not stepped in."

Madeleine stared at Jack for a bit before sighing. "Alright...Miss Y/N, are you alright? I apologize for my hesitation towards you. We don't get many friendly visits here. I hope you know we appreciate what you did for Jack."

This was a bit much for Y/N. She didn't want so much attention. "Thank you, Miss Madeleine. I just needed to get Jack home quickly." Y/N leaned closer to Madeleine. "Will he be alright?" Madeleine smiled just barely but nodded. "He'll be fine." Y/N looked at Jack and grinned.

It's been a hell of a day.