Momentarily Out of Action

Place: J

Place: J.J. Martín's New Home

Time: 6:45 pm
_____________________________

"Well this certainly is different." I stated putting down the last box of stuff from the move. "It's so much quieter here." Looking around the empty space that was now home. This was nothing like the apartment complex from New York.

"Quieter and very affordable." My father replied flipping the switch beside him. The small, now illuminated space. Seeing this new living room of ours made the realization really hit. My heart broke at the site.

Everything is about to be really different. I'm going to have to fight so much harder to make the one person who mattered proud. This move seems like it snipped my dreams in half. Who knows where I'll go from here. I don't know how much of this I could take.

"Dad I'm gonna go skate around the neighborhood a bit. Ya know to explore and get to know the place." I explain grabbing my board. I just wanted something to do to get my mind off everything.

"Alright mi cielito but don't wander too far. I don't want you getting lost in this new place." He responds. He begins to come towards me with his arms open. " I know this has been tough on you and I want to thank you for being my brave girl."

"Thanks for being my rock dad." I whisper in his ear hugging him back before exiting out the door. The first thing I see as I walk down my driveway are a group of teens across the street hauling a keg out of an old vista cruiser. Looks like someone might be having a party tonight. Maybe if I get lucky I'll be able to drop in and get a quick drink without being noticed.

Whilst tying my hair up in a ponytail using my ribbon, I noticed a guy with curly hair looking at me from the driveway across the street. So much for going unnoticed. I give a little wave and he just gives a head nod, before some scrawny fellow called him inside the house.

He walked backwards a few steps giving me a small wave and a smirk before turning towards the house, giving me one last look over the shoulder before disappearing into what I could only assume was a stairway to a basement of sorts. I was now the only person outside, and it was definitely time to stretch and check my skills after the long trip here.

Setting down my board, I began to propel myself forward. Zipping through the suburbs, watching the houses go by. Skateboarding was my second favorite pastime besides writing my music. If I wasn't writing, I was skateboarding. It helped me relax and try to find the good in something. So far, I've found that the quiet roads of this small town made it nice to skate without running into someone. New York was always buzzing with people always taking up the sidewalk, and to have no one in my way was a rather nice change.

Making my way back after circling around the block, I let my mind drift a bit as I reminisced on my old life in New York. The dynamic was so different there compared to here and I've only been here an hour. It kinda scared me to lose the bustle I was so used too. I feel sort of lost here in this small town, everything was so open here, and I wasn't.