⇢ secret boyfriend

request for: @casynee

Jonah didn't want to describe himself to be an overprotective person, especially to his younger brother, zach. he didn't mind the scowls he received from zach because apparently he's being 'too worried.' it wasn't his fault for looking over his brothers shoulder, all he ever cared was to take care of him and keep him safe.

"jo, i'm going over to dani's. i'll be back later, i love you!" zach was up and out the door after he struggled to put his worn out laced converses. jonah chuckled at his 16 year old brother while shaking his head.

'zach makes it so hard to not be worried' jonah thinks. although he and his parents can agree that zach's too innocent for a teenager, even though they are two years apart. it wasn't until ten minutes later that he decided to call daniel if zach had reached his house yet.

jonah being another parent for zach does this every time to the point where daniel gets annoyed, "Yes jonah." daniel would roll his eyes, "god, why are you such a control freak?"

daniel's house is close to theirs so jonah doesn't overthink it to his dismay, but that doesn't stop him from asking, "hey daniel, is zach there yet?"

jonah would always expect his usual response making both of them roll their eyes and chuckle out loud, yet he only received a question, "what do you mean? zach wasn't supposed to come over today. he told me had to study for a science questionnaire." the other side of the voice was muffled, yet jonah could hear his words loud and clear putting him in a state of confusion.

"what? but he took that last week and-oh fuck." realization dawned on him and he facepalmed. of course zach was lying to him, he wasn't surprised since he has done that before.

"jonah?"

"i'll call you later daniel." jonah didn't know what to do. he immediately cut the call and started thinking negatively.

what if his precious little innocent brother got kidnapped? jonah paced around the kitchen, leaving the pasta to run cold and thought about what he should do. he knows he can't call his phone because once he tried, the ringing came from the couch under and pillow.

he wanted to save zach and kill him himself for being stupid.

jonah mentally sighed. their parents just had to have the business trip this week. his heartbeat came rushing back once he heard the click from the outside doorknob. jonah recovered his posture from leaning on the side wall across the living room for an hour.

he raised an eyebrow at zach's demolished looks. his lip looks clearly busted and bruised and his hair was all over the place compared to his usual gelled back hair. zach's panting, uneasy breath as well as the hickies that were littered all over his neck gave it away.

"how was dani's hmm?" jonah took one more look at zach's feature before coming to a conclusion on his doubts. "was he the one that gave you all those colorful hickies?" jonah murmured quiet enough for zach not to hear.

zach groaned, "it was okay. he tackled me on the floor. he's such a d-"

"hey." jonah scowled, "language."

zach snorted and shook his head at the metamorphic word he used for 'tackle' and went upstairs, "i'm going to bed. wake me up later." it wasn't until zach was out of plain sight and out of hearing that jonah sighed with a relieved expression.

zach is in deep shit.

● ● ●

"bye jo." it wasn't until after a week that jonah got suspicious because zach came back home looking like a fucked up hot mess. he watched zach wave bye and was out the door.

jonah waited for three more minutes until he put on his black and white checkered vans and a black denim faded washed jacket, pulling the hood over his head sober could somehow blend in. his plan could go either really well or really bad.

jonah was relieved once he saw zach taking the same direction to go to daniels house instead of somewhere else. although confusion set in once he saw zach take a detour on the left instead of the right.

either daniel moved, or zach has been going somewhere else for the past two weeks. jonah narrowed his eyes while maintaining a two to three feet gap between them, making sure zach doesn't spot him. jonah kept his head down, the hood covering most of his head, and watched zach's feet.

he watched zach nearing a corner and a familiar house came into view. jonah was confused once he saw zach go up to the porch of the unknown house. zach picked up the key that was hidden under the doormat and sneakily go into the house.

jonah paced near the driveway while hiding himself under a bush. he wondered if zach made a new friend at school, yet why would zach hide it from him. unless he wanted to keep something from him.

he had no choice. jonah was going into the strangers house, no matter how much it was out of his comfort zone.

jonah stepped into the unknown persons house, making sure he didn't leave any sound creaks behind his footsteps. he heard noises upstairs and followed the familiar voices. jonah opened the door, only to reveal the most disturbing sight he has ever saw, "what the actual fuck?!"

his brother was under jack. jack avery, the school's demon. it's been jonah's job to protect his innocent younger brother from demons, but he has done nothing but let his brother walk right into their traps.

"j-jonah?!" zach pushed jack off of him, revealing fresh new hickies and disheveled hair, "what the hell? what are you doing here?!" jack put back on his shirt that was thrown across the room, smirking at how flustered his boy looked.

"baby who is this?" jack asked hike making his way up to his boyfriend. he wrapped his arms around zach's waist from the back and gave him a light kiss on his neck.

he received a surprising response making him stop at his actions, "my b-brother."

"and zach." jonah raised an eyebrow while crossing his arms, "who is this?"

zach blushed and took jack's hand in his making jack beam at him, "my secret boyfriend."

A/N: 1072 words. hope you like it!
hey loves, go check out my other book, twenty questions. cast is out and chapter one will be out soon. -mae 🖤

vote | comment | share