⇢ tattooed heart

tattoos were jack's inspiration. it was his way of showing his love of art through ink on his skin. it seemed to him that something permanent holds more value than something that can be washed away. some people say it's because he's a loner and an outcasts, and everybody knows than an outcast smokes and has tattoos. yet we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, even if the cover looks to frightening to open to page one.

each one of jack's tattoos holds a meaningful message and a story behind it. like for example, the solar system. it was one of his favorites, because it reminded him of his childhood. how he had various different stickers of plants and stars stuck upon his ceiling making them glow once the lights were turned off.

it was one of the only fewest things that held brightness in his dark past. jack would always find comfort after his mom, kristin, finished reading one of his favorite bedtime stories waiting for his mom to turn off the lights just so he could stare at the glowing leds. he would always laugh at the thought of how he tried to stay awake but his eyes would always betray him.

jack opened the door to the tattoo saloon making the bell ring announcing that a customer was here. the shop was neatly organized with many various pictures of tattoos that were new designs up against the wall. the clear glass was littered with binders full of pictures of tattoos. there were multitude of styles, including skulls, flowers, tribal, arm/ankle bands, lettering, kanji and more. jack had flipped page after page many times enough to remember which page has which.

jack couldn't remember how many times he has entered the saloon, but he had remembered his first time he set foot into the shop with his mother. he had just turned seventeen and he and kristin were planning on getting a rose on their forearm.

it was an understatement to say jack was nervous, he was freaking out once he sat in the chair and saw jonah with a needle. yet after a while, jack's new foundation for his love of tattoos had increased.

jack already knew what kind of drawing he wanted permanently. he glanced around and spotted a person behind the counter not looking at their face correctly, "yo, i only need one this time."

the bleached blonde looked up to reveal his blue, hazel, eyes; he stopped sketching a new design on a notebook and quirked an eyebrow, "excuse me?" he took in the curly haired short boy and ran his eyes over the arm full of tattoos, "sorry, i'm new here. started last week. you a regular customer." it wasn't a question after he saw the designs of various tattoos around his neck.

"yeah, you could say that." he walked up to the counter, "i already have a design in mind."

corbyn stopped himself from reaching out to grab a binder and raised an eyebrow, "please do tell."

jack blushed an cleared his throat, "zach."

"nice." corbyn mumbled and he began sketching away. he finished his masterpiece revealing a calligraphy design, "this good?"

"yeah." jack brought himself up to the chair with the machine held next to it. he unbuttoned his shirt down past his chest, pointing right next to his heart where the tattoo should be.

corbyn seated himself onto the spiral chair with wheels and washed down jack's chest to make it anti-septic. he then placed the sheet with zach's name inked, slowly removing it to reveal a temporary tattoo, an outline for corbyn.

"how long are you guys dating?" corbyn bluntly spoke up, his eyes not leave the needle, dipping it on black ink. jack coughed suddenly with an embarrassed blush painting across his face, making corbyn raise his eyebrow looking at him amusingly, "i'm gonna need you to stay still or else this will be painful for both of us."

jack regained his posture and humiliation, while sitting straight not moving a muscle, "um right uh." he cleared his throat, "four years."

"damn." corbyn pierced the inked needle on the temporary tattoo, tracing it neatly with no jagged edges. jack clenched his left hand that was rested against the arm cushion; his nails dug into the palm of his hand, now red from the friction, which surly made crescent shaped marks. no matter how many times jack had experienced with the stages of getting a tattoo, it was no lie that jack said it hurts fucking much.

corbyn finished the letter 'h' drawing out the end with a curve. he wiped down the tattoo that was now bruised and bloated, cleaning the excess blood that dripped out just a few drops, that stopped quickly with a microfiber wash cloth. he so gently placed some anti-bacterial gel based ointment, knowing that it would sting. corbyn then placed a glossy bandage, clear enough to see through it.

he patted his shoulder after he took off the regular informal blue gloves and washing his hands, "there you go. i'm sure you know how to take care of it, so the area won't get infected." he stood against the cabinet, "that'll be $36.97."

jack handed him the money and eyed him, while corbyn rang the cashier. "so where's jonah?"

corbyn's face flushed as he started to stutter, "i-uh he's out sick?" jack smirked, his mind wandering off to when he saw jonah perched up against the wall while corbyn attacked him two weeks ago, "he um fell on his but apparently, and he could only limp."

"lying doesn't look good on you." jack said, taking the receipt off of corbyn's hands. "well-" jack got cut of his sentence by the door opening, letting in the chill breeze in the small room for a few seconds, followed by the sound of the bell.

"hey corbs, i think i'm ready to take the bandage off-jack?" zach looked up from his phone with his pupils blowing out of his sockets, "what are you doing here?"

"what are you doing here?" jack asked back. zach rolled at jack's childish behavior by asking a question on top of a question, "since when do you get tattoos? and how come you didn't tell me?"

zach exaggeratedly let out a sigh, "for fuck sakes, i was going to tell you tomorrow for our anniversary." zach unbuttoned his shirt throwing jack off to think he was going to strip, but then he took off the familiar white bandage with a wince from his chest.

a dark red outlined the tattooed word, jack. "baby." jack walked up closer to zach, gently place his hand on zach's heart. he could feel the speeding, beating drum, as goosebumps began to surround the area. jack traced the words only by one, slowly melting into a heart sick puddle, "i was going to surprise you too." zach quirked an eyebrow once jack unbuttoned the first few top ones, pulling his shirt down a little to his shoulder to expose the inked.

zach's eyes brimmed to tears as he choked on a sob, "kiss me you fool." he reached towards jack's neck pulling him closer to him, chest to chest. he placed his lips feverishly to jack's plumped once, moaning once jack's hands tangled into the floppy mess of his hair. jack deepened the kiss even more, getting a pleasure filled response. he stopped with a peck, "not now baby, wait till tomorrow." jack winked making zach whimper.

corbyn watched the couple with fond eyes and called a certain someone, "princess?" he received a lazily hmm, knowing that jonah has just woke up, "up for round two once i get home?"

A/N: 1292 words. hey loves, how's 2019 for y'all ?
also, i need plots, so if you guys have any ideas you can pm me in this account or in my account @-silentsoul, or you can comment a request.
have a great morning, afternoon, evening, night. love you all
-mae🖤