sixteen

sixteenhospital for souls

sixteen
hospital for souls

Anna could feel a knot forming in her stomach as they pulled up to the Russian house. There were guards lining the pathway up to the house with two elegantly dressed ladies stood at the doorway.

"Just stay near me." Tommy told her before exiting the car. Anna lit a cigarette to calm her nerves, staying in between John and Arthur as they approached the house. Anna didn't listen to Thomas' exchange with the woman she had previously pointed a gun at, not until her name was mentioned at least.

"It's good to see you again, Miss Gray." Tatiana's eyes stared as though they were trying to reach her soul.

"Likewise." Anna mumbled through her cigarette before following the woman into the house. They were led to a room which looked like an office.

"You might want to turn away for this bit." Tommy whispered to Anna, pushing her behind him as he faced his brother and the Russians. Anna stood by the window observing the guards while enjoying her cigarette. Tommy was right to warn her as her cousins stripped naked behind her.

Once the 'search' was complete, they were all led to a large room with a lot of people in. Tommy pulled Anna aside away from the Russians, a nervous look in his eyes. "I'm going to talk business, you just stay here with John and Arthur. Don't go trying to figure out which man it is you need to speak with, I'll tell you all that when I get back." Anna nodded her head frantically but Tommy still appeared uneasy. Unexpectedly, he pulled her in for a tight hug. "Be safe." He whispered. "They're all fucking insane."

***

At least an hour had passed and Tommy was still away doing his 'business'. Anna was sat in the corner drinking vodka by the bottle and smoking by the pack. She watched as both John and Arthur were led away by ladies, a wave of guilt washing over her as she knew their wives would never find out.

Anna spent at least ten minutes without a family member in the room until Tommy finally came in, his eyes darting everywhere in search for Anna. When he saw her in the corner still clothed and visibly unharmed, he was relieved.

"You okay?" He asked as he marched over to her.

"Just about. John and Arthur are nowhere to be seen."

"Those fuckers. Are you alright to do as planned?"

"Yeah, who is he?" Anna rose from her seat and stood by Tommy, ready for her instructions.

"He's stood by the door looking over at us now." Anna looked in that direction to find an attractive young man stood smirking at her seductively. She knew this was part of the plan and so she reciprocated, sashaying over to him.

"Hello." She smiled, looking over him.

"What's a pretty little thing like you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing." She flirted, leaning into him. He bit his lip as his hand moved to her waist.