9

Ruby's POV

I wake up early to knocking on my room door.

"Make it stop" Regina whines cuddling closer to me.

"Who is it?" I hear a faint 'sheriff swan' because of my wolf hearing and I slide from under Regina's head and open the door.

"Can I come in?"

"Yeah sure." I say letting her in. She looks at the bed seeing Regina turned away from the door and I inwardly sigh. Damnit rumors. I sit on the couch and she follows.

"Um Hook is demanding another fight."

"Okay."

"That's it."

"He called Regina a bitch. I'll fight him again."

"I'm making a restraining order. If you two put your hands on each other you will be arrested for two weeks."

"Two weeks?"

"Yes. So think again next time."

"Excuse me are you mad or something?"

"Yes why would you hit him?!"

"Shh. Regina is sleeping. And I hit him because you don't disrespect a woman like that. Absolutely not."

"He called her a bitch not a whore or a slut."

"It's still rude. Why you don't think it is?" I ask getting angry.

"No I do but violence is a bit extreme."

"I'll try not to. But I make no promises."

"Okay. We could use another hand in the station."

"Me?" I say.

"Of all people?" I ask in shock.

"Yeah. You're quick on your feet. Good with finding people. Wolf instinct. Hearing. The smell thing always helps and you're probably good with a gun. Are you off today?"

"No but I can be."

"Okay come in at 11:35 and I'll train you a bit. You only have to work three days. Cause I know Granny's but it's also better paying."

"Okay. I'll be there." She nods getting up. I close the door and sigh. Jail time. Ha. I could snap those bars in half. A ringing stops me in my place. I groan throwing my hands over my ears. I groan again. My eyes flash through the woods and to the town line. I need to go. I grab a black jacket and slide my boots over my leggings.

"Please don't wake up Gina" I whisper then run to the bed kissing her head softly. I open the door and close. I take the back door and run as quick as I can. I feel a pull. I stop just at the line. I see a baby. A baby girl. Who the hell? She's 1 maybe? One who knows? I don't know. She's laying on the ground. Blood. I rush to her and check her pulse. She's fine. She's asleep or maybe passed out. She's gorgeous. Brown hair and chubby cheeks. She looks really scared. I pick her up and memories flash through my head.
Mostly Regina but the baby and her being pregnant. I gasp. She has magic. I see a small mark on her wrist and I look at it carefully. It's a mark. She's mine?

______
Regina's POV

I groan rolling over and I don't feel Ruby.

"Gaaaaaa" My eyes dart open to see a small girl. Green eyes and brown hair. Like Ruby. She has my nose. What the hell! I look around and find her on the couch asleep.

"Who are you?" I ask knowing she can't speak. She's only maybe 6 months. She probably can't even walk.
I don't even know if she's six months but she looks adorable. And like Henry was at six months old.