Part 2

Arya and Nandini reached Nandini's house. Nandini's family had shifted to Mumbai a few years after Nandini had joined the college at Mumbai. Chacha had got a transfer to Mumbai from his work.

Amms (to Arya) : "Thank you! Nandu told us that you were there for her always, since the time she had been in London. I don't know how we will be able to return your favor."

Arya : "Don't thank me. Nandu is my friend too. If you still want to return the favor, I will let you know what I want very soon."

Chacha : "Where are you planning to stay at Mumbai? Nandu said you are from London. You can stay here with us if you wish to."

Arya : "I will be staying at my uncle's place. It has been a few years since I came to India and met them."

During their conversation,

Chachi : "Nandu, you came back at the right time. There is a reunion at your college in a few days. I kept the invitation in the shelf. Remind me later, I will give it to you."

Nandini : "It's okay Chachi. I came back just now. I want to spend time with you all, so I won't go to the reunion."

Chachi : "It is a long time since you met your friends. You can meet everyone if you go."

Nandini : "I will meet them some other time."

Arya : "Nandu, you really have friends here?! I thought I was your only friend. You used to not mingle with others unless it was related to studies. She was all the time immersed in her studies."

Arya : "Why do you want to skip the reunion? It is time to rekindle your old relationships. If you don't want to go alone, I am ready to accompany you."

Arya and Chachi compelled Nandini to agree to go to the reunion. Arya talked to Nandini's family for sometime. He then left to his uncle's place. 

Arya reached the Malhotra mansion. Raj Malhotra, Manik's dad, is Arya's uncle and Raj's sister is Arya's mom. She had settled in London after her marriage.

Raj : "Why did you stop us from picking you up from the airport?"

Arya : "You are all busy in your work and I am not coming here for the first time. So, I thought that I can manage on my own."

Raj : "We are busy yes, but not that busy that I can't come and receive my nephew."

Arya : "I had to drop off my friend too. She wouldn't have let me drop her off, if one of you would have come to pick me up. She doesn't like to trouble anyone for her needs. She agreed to me dropping her off with great difficulty."

Raj : "Oh! It looks like she is someone special!"

Arya : "Yes uncle, very special! You will meet her very soon."

Arya met rest of the family and then went to the guest room to freshen up.

Nandini was in her room reminiscing the past. She was thinking of the day she stepped into Mumbai.

Flashback

Nandini collected her suitcase at the airport and was looking for an exit. A tall, young and handsome man was busy messaging on his phone. He wasn't seeing where he was going, and he bumped into Nandini. It was none other than Manik who bumped into Nandini.

Before Manik could apologize, Nandini apologized, though she wasn't at fault. She walked away murmuring without looking at him or giving him a chance to apologize. Nandini didn't see him, but Manik saw her.

When Manik came out of the airport, he saw Nandini waiting for someone. She was looking towards the sky and talking to herself.

Nandini : "Ayyappa, please send Navya quickly. How am I going to manage if she doesn't come?"

Manik could clearly figure out that Nandini was nervous though she was at a distance. Manik's eyes were glued to her. His friend, Cabir, who was there to pick him up, came to him and stood beside him.

Cabir : "I have been waving my hand, but you didn't see me at all. What were you looking at with so much interest? If you are done, let's go."

Manik : "Let's wait for a few minutes."

Cabir : "Why?"

Manik : "You see that girl, over there, the one wearing blue dress, standing alone."

Cabir : "Hmm.. what about her?"

Manik : "It looks like she is new to the city. She is waiting for someone and she is nervous. Let's wait till someone comes to receive her."

Cabir : "Do you know her?"

Manik : "No, I don't."

Cabir : "It is the eighth wonder of the world. You don't even bother to look at any of the girls. It's the girls who ogle at you, but here the situation is reversed. She isn't looking at you, but your eyes are glued to her."

Cabir : "Is it love at first sight? What did you see in that girl?"

Manik : "Can't you think of anything else other than love? There isn't anything like that. She looks too innocent and you know how our city is."

Cabir : "How can you tell that she is innocent?"

Manik : "I felt so. I bumped into her and I should have apologized. Instead she did, though she wasn't at fault. She didn't even lift her chin and look at me. She was murmuring that she should not talk to strangers." 

Cabir : "She didn't look at you when all other girls ogle at you. Is it hurting your ego?"

Manik : "What nonsense are you saying Cabir?"

Cabir : "I was just kidding. So, what are we going to do if no one comes to pick her up? Are we going to drop her home?"

Manik : "She isn't going to come with us even if we offer to drop her off. We will just follow her and make sure she reaches her destination safely."

Cabir : "There is really something special in that girl. The Manik Malhotra, who normally doesn't bother to look at any girl, is worried about her safety, though he doesn't know her."

Navya and her uncle reached the airport, and Nandini relaxed after seeing her. Navya apologized for being late. Navya and her uncle were stuck in traffic, so they couldn't reach there on time. Manik and Cabir left after they saw Nandini leaving with Navya.

Navya is Nandini's childhood friend. Navya came to Mumbai earlier than Nandini to spend some time with her uncle's family, who stays in Mumbai.

Flashback ends....