Part 3: A Ghostly Dilemma

After returning to Tartarus, you rest. You can't help but wonder about what you saw. You sit in your room.

Blanc: Hey.

You jump as the phantom phases through the wall.

Y/N: Oh. H-Hey.

Blanc: You seem anxious.

Y/N: Kinda...

You tell her about what you saw.

Blanc: Hm. Well if whatever you saw happened when I was alive, I wouldn't remember it. Or anything else really...

Y/N: Huh?

Blanc: I... Have no memory of when I was alive.

Y/N: Really?

Blanc: Most spectral beings lose their memories upon death. I don't even know what my childhood was like...

The phantom cries softly. You consider hugging her but you're unsure if you'd even be able to. But your question to yourself is answered when Blanc suddenly hugs you. She feels cold to the touch.

Y/N: How would you recall your memories?

Blanc: I'd have to find someone who knew me before I died. But I've been a Phantom for about 100 years. I doubt anyone who knew me.

You think for a moment.

Y/N: How about I help you try to recover your lost memories?

Blanc looks at you with her silvery eyes.

Blanc: You'd do that for me?

Y/N: Sure.

Meanwhile, Luciel is trying to examine a map of an island off the coast of Puroa.

Ayane: Hey.

Luciel jumps a bit. The Water Dragon looks at the Demon Lord.

Ayane: Wow, you are kinda jumpy for a Demon Lord.

Luciel: I'm still... New to this.

Ayane: Hm.

Luciel: What do you know about this island?

Ayane looks at the map.

Ayane: It's an island that I heard of overhearing travelers. It's controlled by a pack of Werewolves.

Luciel: Hm. Any chance we could make allies out of them?

Ayane: Doubtful. But hey if you want to try, be my guest.

She walks off, leaving Luciel to think.

The following day.

Y/N: You wanted to see me, Luciel?

Luciel: Yes. There's an island of Werewolves. I'd like for you to speak to them. Try to get them on our side.

Y/N: Sure. It would be beneficial. But how do we get there?

Luciel: Ayane can take you.

The dragon girl bursts in.

Ayane: What?!

Luciel: S-Sorry but you are a water dragon and it would be a bit dangerous for us to take a boat due to the humans.

Ayane tries to come up with a way to protest but inevitability sighs.

Ayane: Fine. But only because I decided I want to go.

Blanc: I'll go as well. I can scout ahead once we reach the island.

Y/N: Good idea.

The three of you head out.

Meanwhile, Elma is training while thinking about what she saw the previous day.

Elma: What was that... Thing... And why did Savior seem to resonate with that other sword...

???: Elma.

She sees a man.

Elma: Master Sho. What brings you here?

Sho: I can tell when Savior has done something. Do not forget that I was the one who used it before yourself.

Elma: There was this young man. He used a sword that radiated dark magic. But when we both went to attack, we both saw a strange vision. We saw two people, using our swords. Then we saw a six eyed creature cloaked in darkness.

Sho: Yes... Seems you encountered Savior's sister blade.

Elma: Sister... Blade?

Sho: Paradise Lost. The sword of the Demon Lord.

Elma: Then was that man, the new Demon Lord?

Sho: The wielder doesn't have to be the Demon Lord. It is possible you faced an emissary of sorts. But that creature you spoke of... Is a dangerous deity. Allow me to tell you the tale.

End of Part 3