Part 2: Swords Clash

Luciel teaches you how to use your newly given dark magic.

Luciel: Now concentrate. And cast this spell. Dusk Burn.

Y/N: Alright... Dusk Burn!

A black fireball appears in your hand.

Y/N: Woah.

Blanc: Not bad for a first try.

Luciel: Great.

A zombie girl in a maid's uniform enters the room.

Luciel: Oh, Ruka. What is it?

Ruka bows.

Ruka: Dinner is ready, Ma'am.

Luciel: Great. Thank you.

Ruka leads Luciel and you to the dining hall. Blanc simply floats off to do who knows what. You see plates of various foods. Some you recognize like cheese, bread rolls, and potatoes. Others are much more strange, such as a cooked animal that resembles a large lizard.

Y/N: What is that?

Ruka: Have you never had Swamp Beast before?

Y/N: Not... From where I'm from.

Ruka: I promise, Sir, that it is quite delicious.

Luciel cuts a part of the swamp beast and eats happily. You hesitate for a second but you eat some as well and it tastes surprisingly good.

Luciel: Anything to report?

Ruka: Yes, Ma'am. The Sword Maiden is about to attack one of our outposts.

Luciel: Hm.

You can tell she's bothered by this news but she can't seem to come up with a plan for it.

Y/N: What can you tell me about the Sword Maiden?

Luciel: She's merciless. She especially despises our kind. She also carries a holy sword called Savior.

Y/N: Hm. Then send me out. I have this sword after all.

Luciel: Are you sure you can handle it?

Y/N: ... Yes.

Luciel: Very well. Ruka, please lead him to the outpost.

Ruka: Yes, Ma'am.

The zombie girl leads you out of Tartarus and she leads you to a large fortress, where many monsters reside.

Ruka: This is the outpost that is said to be attacked.

Just as she finishes her sentence, a blast of magic hits the fortress. You turn to see a silver haired young woman. The sword she carries, has a faint glow to it.

Ruka: That's her.

Y/N: Got it.

You draw your sword and attack. She counters your slash with her sword.

Woman: A servant to the Demon Lord. Then you'll die with these monsters!

She swings her sword but you jump back just as the blade almost strikes your chest plate.

Y/N: Dusk Burn!

You shoot the fire attack at her.

Woman: Your dark magic won't stop me!

She swings her sword and it causes a whirlwind, snuffing out the fire.

Ruka: She's strong.

You take a stance with your sword.

Woman: You aren't half bad at fighting. What's your name?

Y/N: It's Y/N.

Elma: I'm Elma, the Sword Maiden.

The two swing at each other again but this time, there is a blinding light. When the light dies down, you see a ravaged battlefield. Bodies of humans and monsters alike litter the ground. A demon and a human in white armor fight relentlessly. They are also using the same swords you and Elma wield. An ominous presence starts laughing, causing the fighters to stop. You then look up to see a massive shadowy figure with six glowing red eyes. Then everything goes white. Your vision returns but you see Elma staring in shock.

Elma: What did you do?

Y/N: Me? I should be asking you that.

Ruka: Sir, we got everyone evacuated!

Elma: Now you don't!

She dashes at Ruka and swings her sword, decapitating the zombie maid. Her head rolls to the side as her body collapses.

Y/N: No!

You stab Paradise Lost into the ground and it makes a smoke cloud. When the smoke clears, you and Ruka's body are nowhere in sight.

Elma: Damn!

You hold Ruka's body and despite not knowing her very long, you hug her.

Ruka: Hey!

You look at her head and she looks at you.

Ruka: Can you please put my head back on my body?

Y/N: How are you alive or, not alive, I mean...

Ruka: Zombies can survive as long as our brain isn't destroyed.

You put Ruka's head on her neck as she readjusts it.

Ruka: Thanks. We better head back. Our mission was a success.

The two of you head home but you recall the strange vision you had seen.

End of Part 2