14. You're the First

Start from the beginning

"You can call me Hebiyo!" He screams as he jogs his way over the the large guild building. "See you later!"

Katsumi sighs and releases her sword as it crystalizes into the air. "Boy, he was stronger then he looked..." Katsumi says to herself. "He'll make a great addition to Fairy Tail."

"Don't underestimate yourself." A familiar voice pipes up. "You're like the prized jewl of Fairy Tail."

Gray's POV

What the hell does he think he's saying? So freely too!

Well, I can't just stand here can I... I can't just let hi- Wait! What the hell are you thinking you stupid ice head?! Argh! Even though I have a teensy weensy crush on her doens't mean other guys can't hit on her either.

But it hurts... I don't want other guys complimenting her, well, without me there by her side.

Okay okay Gray! You're jealous!

No I'm not. I'm just a great friend.

Shut up! You're jealous. You totally are jealous. You hate that newbie for talking to her, and you don't want other guys to talk to her. You don't just have a crush, you-

Okay I get it don't need to blurt out loud!

Gray shut up staph talking to yourself...

But she's totally pretty *^*

Stop stop she's looking at you!!!

Regular POV

"G-Gray?!" Katsumi exclaims shockingly. "You were watching the whole time?!"

"Of course." Gray scoffs. "I don't trust him alone with you." He says protectively.

Katsumi small smile graces her lips. "Well you could've at least shown yourself. You gave me quite the fright there."

Gray quickly glances away, pink scattered across his cheeks. "Well sorry. It's just that I didn't want to distract you. Fighting another sword's man like that, you need focus."

"Well it's finished now." Katsumi breathes a sigh of relief. "O-oh! Are you here to pick me up for the d-date?"

"U-uhm, yeah." Gray stammers, his face bright red. "C'mon now. I want to take you for ice cream."

"Ice cream?" Katsumi asks, with a teasing smile. "You really do like to eat cold stuff, Gray."

"I-It's not like that." Gray retorts shakily. "I mean, I promised to take you out to ice cream if I won that contest back then didn't I?"

Katsumi blinks before her face is flushed pink, as she remembers how she lost against Gray in defeating goblins. "Y-you still remember that?!"

"Of course!" Gray exclaims. "What kind of idiot would I be if I forgot to take you out?"

Katsumi blushes as she nods. "Alright. Let's go then..."

Gray then grabs her hand and drags her along as Katsumi blinks cluelessly. "Geez, can't you cooperate more...?" Gray grumbles as she starts walking alongside him, his hand still wrapped around Katsumi's.

They soon stop at a small stand, where a kind old man smiles. "Welcome Gray. You finally brought someone didn't cha? Two is it?"

"Yes please." Gray answers as he hands the man a few coins. The man hands two cones to Gray as he chuckles softly. "Thanks old man."

"No problem. Be nice to your lady friend." The man shouts as Gray huffs irritated.

Gray hands the cone over to Katsumi who nods in thanks. "Thanks Gray." She says as she licks the top. Her eyes light up as she stares at the cone in amazement. "Gray this is delicious!"