Chapter 43

Billies POV

"She's stable now. You can see her." A nurse told me as I impatiently sat in the waiting room of the hospital.

I leaped out of my seat and almost completely ran to Danielles room.

"Hey." I gave a small smile as I took a seat next to her bed.

She looked awful. She had dark circles under her bloodshot eyes and her complexion was even paler than usual. She also had tubes going into her arms that connected to a machine that was making a bunch of beeping noises.

"I'm so sorry Billie." She looked guilty.

"All that matters is that you are okay now." I said as I shook my head thinking about what had occurred earlier.

"You can't tell anyone, please." She looked at me with panicked eyes.

I let out a sigh as I nodded to her.

I understood why she wouldn't want anyone to find out about this. Not only would it make everyone worry, but it would also bring up questions about her past and I know that's something she doesn't want to resurface.

"Under one circumstance." I said.

She looked at me with a very serious expression on her face.

"You promise me that you won't go near another drug again."

"I promise. That was so fucking stupid of me." She frowned weakly.

"Yeah it was." I agreed with her, not letting her think her behavior was okay.

Josies POV

As I was sleeping I was woken up by my phone ringing. I immediately reached for it knowing it was important since I never get calls in the middle of the night like this.

Incoming call from Billie...

I furrowed my brows at the bright screen.

Billie? Why is she calling me so late? She probably forgot about the time difference or something. She should be getting on her flight any minute since its six a.m. there.

I felt butterflies flutter in my stomach as I was reminded of how soon I'd be seeing Billie.

I answered and tiredly spoke through the phone.

"Hello?"

"Sorry did I wake you?" She sounded upset.

"Yeah, I mean it's only like three a.m. here." I chuckled.

She didn't join in on my laughter, something was definitely up.

"Everything okay?" I questioned.

"Not really."

I felt my heart beat quicken at her words. Now she's actually worrying me.

"What's going on?" I worriedly sat up in bed.

"Josie, I'm so fucking sorry." She sighed.

I sat on the line completely silent, preparing myself for whatever she was about to say next.

"I can't come tomorrow."

"W-what?" I stuttered out of confusion and sadness.

"I really wish I could. I would kill to see you."

"Then just come." I begged, tears perking in my eyes.

Every ounce of excitement and happiness for tomorrow completely drained from my body. I felt completely crushed. I have been looking forward to this for days.