Chapter 53

Billies POV

My phone went off as I was laying in my own bed for the first time in weeks. I had spent the night at Josie's last night once we got back from the airport and before that I was on tour the last two months, so it was nice to finally be home.

Isaac: Yo! Thanks for hooking
me up with your guy. He kicked
the hacker outta my shit & got
everything back. You're the best!

Billie: ur welcome bro i got u

I was relieved to hear that Isaac hacking situation was fixed because I've been in his shoes many times and that shit sucks. It's a cost to pay with fame.

Fame comes with a lot of cons like this, but the feeling of making so many people happy makes it so worth it. It just sucks that we have to be so careful with what we say, what we do, and for me who I date.

It's been better lately for Josie and I though. The fans haven't been so brutal about us and Mike hasn't said anything in a while. Everything's dying down and we are just doing our own thing. It's nice to feel almost normal again.

I set my phone down and closed my eyes.

-

"Hi cutie." I smiled as I approached Josie from behind as she stood looking at the menu at the cafe we were meeting at, the same small cafe I always go to.

"Hey." She smiled as she turned around with a smile on her face.

"You're back! We haven't seen you in a while." The barista smiled to me.

They know me now since I am a regular at this point. This is one of the only places I can act like a normal person. The shop is ran by an elderly couple so they still don't really know who I am or how famous I am. The cafe is also pretty dead for the most part besides the middle aged people who come get their coffee here before work since it's located in a suburb. It's nice to have a safe place like this here in LA.

"Yeah I was out of town for a few weeks, but don't worry you'll be seeing me all the time again." I smiled to the older woman.

We both ordered our drinks and took a seat in the same spot we did months ago.

"How was work?" I asked her as she took a sip from her iced coffee.

"It was really good. We got some really nice shots done that they're going to send me later so I can post one and I even got to take home this shirt." She smiled as she pointed to her shirt she was currently wearing.

"It's sick babe." I complimented her.

The shirt was white with a statue head that had a snake wrapped around it. It was a really dope piece. Josie has really good style which is part of the reason I think I was so drawn to her in the first place. We're very similar fashion wise, hers is just the girlier version of me.

"Thanks." She blushed.

"The fans are acting up a little bit again." Josie said nervously.

"What? They are? Why?" I asked confused because I was just thinking about how well things were going with that.

"Look." She handed me her phone that was opened to Instagram.

Via Instagram