#8

Gerard of your choice// Gerard tries to look hard to which he ends up making a fool out of himself and you also end up doing the same.

You and Gerard went to grab coffee, this is the first time you both have been out together. You don't think you could quite call it a date.

"A black coffee, please," Gerard turned to you and asked what you wanted.

"*coffee of your choice*" you squirmed a bit feeling a little nervous.

You both found a nice seat by the window and drank your coffee while talking a bit. You took a sip of your coffee as you glanced a look at Gerard you caught him screwing up his face.

"Are you okay?" you furrowed your brows, "something wrong?"

"No, no everything's great," he grimaced.

"Black coffee, huh?" you tested, jokingly wriggling you eyebrows causing him to slightly choke.

"oh yeah I love my...black coffee," he laughed setting down his coffee on the table and looked at the ground while pulling a face as if he ate a lemon.

"Gerard?" you dragged out. You pointed an finger at him teasingly, " you don't like black coffee," you leaned back in your seat and giggled.   

He laughed while trying to take another sip at the coffee, " how'd you guess?" Again, he screwed up his face.

After a while you both left and stood outside the coffee shop while Gerard finished his cigarette. You stood there quite awkwardly, bouncing from one foot to the other. He raised an eyebrow.

"You okay, jelly-bean?" he poked your ribs. "Cigarette isn't scaring you is it?" he joked poking you more.

"No!" you scoffed, " I so happen...about to ask you for one...actually" you fumbled.

"Oh were you, I see," he handed you one. 

You looked at it and hesitantly put it up to your lips.

"It's upside down," he stated taking a draw at his not even looking at you. 

"Right, right"

"You gonna light that with your finger, Merlin," he shook his head.

You finally got it lit and took a draw and hoped you were doing it right. You held the smoke in her mouth not knowing what to do next.

"Breathe in" he said as if he was reminding you.

You did and for a split second you thought it wasn't so bad then you started choking and you eyes welled up.

"Whoa," he laughed and patted your back, "you like cigarettes then?" he had a mischievous look in his eyes that made your heart skip for some reason.

You wanted to kiss him but instead shot him a dirty look.

He laughed some more, "I'll take that" he took the cigarette out of your hands and put it out. "You don't want to like them anyways, we don't want to ruin a girl like you."