Chapter 18~ New Adventure?

"So what's the next adventure!?" Yellow enthused, seemed she was having fun with this. We were currently in the pokecenter, gathered around a table. I was sitting next to Red and Black currently, discussing on what we're going to do next.

"Hate to break it to you but I have to get back to Kanto, I still have a lot to do there." Blue said with a smile.

"No I wanna stay here!" Yellow crossed her arms, and puffed out chest to appear tough. As much as I hate to admit it, but being around them is putting me at ease.

I sank into my seat letting them continue their conversation. No matter how much I try to convince myself that I hadn't seen Lucas I can help but think why he was there. Could he be following us?

No way, we would have seen more of him if he was. He seemed to be alone, so no Team Plasma following him around. That must mean he snuck out of one of the bases, from studying them I know that they never let the higher ups leave the base alone.

I've watched them and their patterns don't change. However there is still the possibility that I was seeing things. 

Or maybe someone else just has golden orbs for eyes and light blonde hair, I mean it's possible. It's not like-

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Yellow jumping onto my lap, "Is that okay Laylay?"

She was giving me puppy dog eyes, and the quiver lip too. Oh Arceus what did I miss? "Um, yes, no, maybe?"

"Let me guess you weren't paying attention, and you where off in your own world." I gave Alyssa a slight playful glare. To which she only giggled before explaining what was happening.

"Well you see Blue here has to go back to Kanto, and Yellow wants to know if she can stay with us." Alyssa spoke, her eyes trailing over to the blonde haired girl on my lap. I eyed Red, was he leaving with Blue? "I don't see the problem with you staying."

"Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!" She babbled on and on, does she have an off button or something?

"Then that settles it, Yellow will be staying." White confirmed and took a sip of whatever she was drinking. Yellow jumped from my lap to the floor, then over to White with a smile on her face the entire time. Is only Blue leaving, or is Red going too?

Damn it, why did I have to zone out at a time like this. I looked over at Alyssa, her vibrant violet eyes shining with kindness.

"What time is it?" Black asked, his gaze drifting over to White. "Almost one why?"

"Welp, I have to head over to the gym, I'll catch you guys later." Black decided, rising from his seat and to the front door. "Bye Blackey!"

"See ya Yellow." He responded, in a much less enthusiastic tone. I rolled my eyes before I myself stood from the table. All eyes moved to me, before I finally spoke. "I'm going to get some fresh air."

I walked to the back door, then walked out it. We had flown back to Aspertia City yesterday after our little beach outing. I grabbed a pokeball off my belt, it had stickers like the others. As I was about to throw it in the air I heard something behind me, so instead I chucked it behind me.

"Ow!" I whipped my head around, to see who had snuck up on me. I frowned as I noticed the brown haired trainer. "Hey Red."

"Was nailing me with a ball covered in sweets really the best option." I sighed at his choice of words before he lightly tossed back Candy's pokeball. I caught it with ease, before giving a sheepish smile. "Isn't that the only option?"

He ruffled my nearly did hair, messing up my keystone bow slightly. I leaned on the porch railing, looking at nothing in particular. "Something up?"

I looked at the brown haired boy, who held a concerned look on his face. I shook my head, muttering a quick "Fine" as I looked back out into the yard. It was about one and the sun was high in the sky.

"You're lying." He bluntly inserted with a small frown. I jumped slightly when I felt a hand touch my shoulder. "Relax a little, I'm not gonna hurt you."

I nodded slowly, looking back at him. However my focused remained on the pink Deering frolicking in the front yard. The pink represented that it was spring time. "Why do you even care about my well being?"

"I'm your boyfriend silly." He chuckled, only causing me to blush lightly. The pink tint, much like the Deelings color, spread across my nose and cheeks. Only making Red smile more. "So what's up Cutie?"

This made me blush madly, pet names just sounded weird and forgein to me. My face putting Reds name to shame. "I said I was fine."

"I said you were lying." He shot back, removing his arm from my shoulder and crossing it neatly over his chest. I looked into his brown orbs, but all I saw was stubbornness. I sighed and broke eye contact, looking at the floor.

But before I could talk his hand pushed my chin upwards, so I was now looking at him once again. "Ly, tell me what's wrong, I'm not letting this go. So don't even try to make an excuse this time around."

"Me? Never." I deadpan with a slight hint of hurt in my voice. "Stop stalling Layla."

First name he is serious. I bit my lip my eyes averting any kind of eye contact. "Please Ly? You can talk to me, all of us at least."

"Fine I'll tell you."