Chapter 10~ Calm before the storm

"Rough night?" I shrugged toward the Kanto trainer and went back to my guitar. I strummed a couple strings before I felt a hand rest on my shoulder.

"You should try and get some sleep, we have a long day to." Red said as he sat down next to me, ignoring the fact that Aly was on the other side of me.

"I'll just end up staring at the ceiling for hours on end. This way I can be with the elements." I stated with a smile. He flashed a cute smile, with his pearl white teeth. I nodded and looked up into the endless abyss we call the sky.

"I wonder what it's like up there." I stated to myself, almost as if I was thinking to myself.

"I bet it's hot up there." He said as he looked up too. I cooker my head to the side, curiously looking at him. "Why so?"

"Because I would be up there with you." He said with a smug smirk. I started rolling on the ground, laughing to my hearts content. "In your dreams!"

"At least I made you laugh, you seem so distant recently." His smug smirk faded into seriousness. I frowned and looked towards the ground. "Why do you guys still hang around me? I have been mean and haven't done a single thing to stop team plasma. I have only brought you guys trouble."

"Makes our job harder, we all enjoy the challenge." I smiled and continued to play mindless tunes on my guitar. Is that really the reason? I don't think I will ever know.

"You know you can always talk to one of us," He started and looked me in the eyes. "You don't have to do everything alone."

"I do have to do it alone, they are my past and I have to live with them." Sadly I looked down, I placed my guitar back onto Aly, then returned her to her pokeball. "This is my fight, nobody else's."

"That's where you're wrong. The whole team has your back, we are not willing to give you up." I never looked up, for he would see the stray tears running down my face all of them coming from my right eye. "It's okay to cry, it's a normal human reaction."

He slung one arm over my shoulder, lightly squeezing it. It made me feel different, I almost felt safe. Almost. He called me human, not some freak to be tested on. Maybe I could get used to having them around, maybe.

A million thoughts ran through my head, trying to think of an explanation. None. As I sat with Red I felt my conscious start to drift off. Without much more warning, I had fallen asleep.

~~

I sat there looking her in the face. She seemed peaceful. She had just fallen asleep, it's good for her.

Over the time we have been here she rarely sleeps. I picked up Ly's sleeping figure, she was quite light.

I smiled lightly as I brought her up to her and Yellows room. I placed her in the bed and then returned to mine.

It's hard to say, but I do love her. First I need her to trust me, things should take off from there.

But the thing is, how do I get a girl with no trust to trust me?

I laid in my bed and let sleep overcome me.

~~
I woke up to the sun in my face, I had also realized that I was in my room. I must have fallen asleep outside. I rubbed my eyes and noticed that my right eye is a little puffy. I must have cried last night.

I sat up and noticed Yellow wasn't in the room. Was she already up?

I got up and quickly changed into some jean shorts and a black tank top. I picked up my bag which had been placed on my nightstand.

I ran down the stairs, noticing the clock on the way down. It was passed noon, I had overslept.

I threw the door open and saw my friends playing in the backyard with pokemon by their sides.

The side of my mouth curved the tiniest bit. If only everybody knew the dangers they were getting into.

I walked out and sat by the tree. "Water war!"

On cue everybody stared shouting out water type moves.

"Come on Ly! Join in!" Red shouted as he got doused by Black's Darkrai, who used rain dance. A sad smile crossed my face, Frosty knows the most water moves.

Seeing everybody's pokemon was quite exciting. Blacks Gogoat was carrying him, avoiding water at all costs. The Darkrai was still chasing after red. Reds Lapras was spraying Whites Axew.

It was nice to see everyone so carefree and relaxed. No matter how hard I tried, Frosty was the only thing on my mind. I threw up all my pokeballs. Outcame my pokemon, with the exception of Frosty and those three.

Tiny and Peanut joined the other fire and rock type pokemon. Seeing as how water isn't there best friends.

"Candy, come here a minute." I called for my pokemon. She made her way over to me.

"What's the matter Layla?" She asked with a cocked had. "I need you to go inform Alyssa that we will be dropping in soon. Hopefully later today or tomorrow morning."

"Understood." She disappeared, I can only assume that she teleported. Next thing I know u
I was being rained on. I looked for the culprit. It was none other than Red and his Lapras. Red was laughing hysterically I smirked as I look towards Light with a smile. He nodded and electricity was struck towards Red soaking body.

"That was awesome!" Yellow yelled as she looked to the crispy Red. I sighed as I walked into the the house and jumped into the shower. Let's see how much you have changed, Alyssa.

------------------------
HOLY CRAP IS THIS AN UPDATE ON TIME! Sorry for the delay, this book has given me serious anxiety. Plus writer's block has decided to step in. However the next six chapters are complete, so no excuses for six weeks! Anyways as always I will

See Ya all later bye!