Not in my house

Lance felt like everything was moving, the floor, the walls, the furniture, the people stationed on the couch. He attempted to focus his eyes on his sister, the same girl who was sitting stiffly on the chair next to the couch, her eyes narrowed down at their so-called parents.

“Excuse me what the actual hell are you doing in my house?!” Ashley slammed the door shut, slightly pushing past Lance to stare at the older couple.

Lance’s mother looked like she just got slapped and Lance watched his father stand up straighter, attempting to size up Ashley. “What did you just say to us?”

Ashley took a few steps forward, a smirk forming on her face, as she crossed her arms over he chest. “You heard me, sir, so answer my question before I call the cops and have you escorted off my property.”

“Enough Ashley. We can’t call the cops on them.” Camellias voice sounded like nails on a chalkboard and Lance felt a shiver move down his back.

Ashley dropped her shoulders slightly, her voice softening as she spoke to her girlfriend from her spot in the room. “What do you mean?”

Camillia filled her lungs with a shaky breath and she wiped her eyes, avoiding Lance’s gaze like he would catch her on fire. “Lance isn’t in our custody so if you call the cops they can easily require him to go home with my parents. He’s not 18 yet so he can’t make that decision himself either, we’re in a bind at the moment.”

Ashley frowned and retreated her steps and made her way over to Camillia, keeping her stare on the male in the room. She slowly kneeled next to the tanner girl and took her hand in hers, offering as much support as she could.

Lance was lost, he didn’t know what to do, where to stand, what to do with his hands, how to react. Every fiber of his body was telling him to make a run for the door but his feet felt like they were in dried concrete. He looked at everyone in the room, his eyes scanning his sister, too Ashley, to his mother, and finally to his father. Why are they here? What do they want? They can’t possibly be wanting to take me home right? They kicked me out for a reason.

“Lance, honey, why don’t you sit down so we can talk.” His mother smiled as she patted the empty spot by her on the couch.

Lance didn’t even nod in response, he simply pushed his legs forward until he made it by the other chair and slumped down in it, his heart rate picking up the longer his parents started at him. He felt anxiety form in the pit of his stomach, swallowing down nothing as he looked towards his sister for any help but found that both of them were avoiding his gaze and Lance honestly had never felt so alone. I wanna call Keith. He watched his father sink back into the couch, a small smile appearing on his face.

The only sounds filling the room was the quiet whispers that Ashley spoke to Camillia, her comfort words reaching dead ears.

Lance couldn’t blame her for acting the way she was, this was the first time she had seen her parents since she was kicked out all those months ago. She may act like she was completely over it but Lance now knew that she wasn’t and she obviously she wasn’t too content with the fact that the same people who dragged her through hell where now casually sitting in her living room.