The Elephant In The Room: Chapter 23

Lele's POV

I had been dreading the moment. Hannah knocked on the apartment door of Amanda's. It brought back memories, especially the one where she closed the door on me. I hadn't been here since.

Amanda opened the door, and her eyes went wide. "Oh, hey Hannah," She said and gave a small smile, but she lost it quickly. "Hi... we're here to talk to Jack," Hannah said, and Amanda blushed.

"He's in the shower, but you can come in and wait." She opened the door wider, and we walked in. Hannah went straight to the couch, and as I walked behind her, I looked at everything.

Things were rearranged, and other things were new. This was not the apartment I remembered. I sat beside Hannah on the couch, continuing to gaze around, when I heard footsteps. Hannah and I turned around in unison to see Jack, a towel being the only thing concealing his... well, ya know. 🤧😊

"Oh, Lele, I didn't reali..." He started, and his gaze drew to Amanda. "Did you invite them?" Amanda shook her head and wrapped her arms around herself. "So... do you need something?" He asked in a kind tone for a rude remark.

"Yeah, actually we do." Hannah said. My response would've been, "Yeah, we need to leave now," but I didn't get that chance. "We need to talk, all of us."

-

It was silently awkward. Amanda and Jack sat across from Hannah and I. "Are we going to discuss the elephant in the room?" Jack asked. I rolled my eyes and Hannah nodded.

"Why did you bail him out?" I asked Amanda, and her face kept expressionless. "It wasn't a hard choice," she said. "I'm still friends with Jack and I felt bad." "You were devastated about him at Marla and Chip's house!" I said, and reminded myself to calm down.

"And..." I continued. "He hit my with a car. Intentionally." Amanda took her turn to roll her eyes. "You're acting like you deserve it." That girl...

I stood. "Jack, you're a meaningless idiot, and Amanda, you're a clueless, unrelatable teen drama slash horror story." I told them and started towards the door. "Don't contact me again."

I opened the door and slammed it behind me.

The last thing I remembered was walking down that treacherous hallway.