Chapter Twenty-Four: Reunion

Start from the beginning

You walk down the hall, feeling, well, mostly exhausted, but a little bit excited. You enter the lower agent sleeping quarters and head to the gold section. You check the list of people on the team.

[Gold Team]
Primary: Madison Haal [Attack]
Secondary: Mark Bareman [Defense]
Tertiary: Aden Striker [Tank]
4. Ginger Prowe [Support]
5. Jack Ryoto [Attack]
6. Hera Whitfield [Defense]
7. Alta Germain [Support]
8. Marcus Martinez [Tank]
9. Alen Smith [Support]
10. Hunter Jones [Defense]
11. Mary Gordon [Tank]
12. (F/N)(L/N) [Attack]

You take a breath and open the door. There's a main room with a table and chairs, which is littered, well, neatly littered with papers of all sorts. There's also a couch and a large TV mounted on the wall. There's a girl standing near the TV swiping holographic images away, and another boy sitting on the couch.

"Are you all supposed to be-" The girl turns to you, and stops when she doesn't recognize your face. She has dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes. She also has a scar that runs down her cheek and disappears into her shirt.

"It's the newbie, Ginger." The guy doesn't even look at you. He has dark brown hair, it almost looked black upon first inspection. They're both wearing uniforms

"Oh, the one with no prior training. The one who McCree took on a suicide mission and survived." She pulls up your photo and Overwatch file on the screen.

"H-how do you know?"
"I know a lot of stuff. I may be a medic, but I do my research on new team members." She winks at you before turning back to the screen.

"I have some free time in 5 minutes if you want me to give you a rundown, (Y/N). You know, what'll be expected of you. Huh, looks like you've been put on attack.

"Ooh! You did a good job with the gang, and by yourself. Neato. Well, you'll fit in. We have a mission in 48 hours. Everyone else is out training, and our Primary, Madison-"
"Primary?"
"Team leader."
The boy gets up and walks out.
"Don't worry about him, he's a weirdo. Anyway, Madison should be done reporting to Commander Morrison soon. So you can meet her then. You're stuff's already in the girl's dorms on the left, you can go unpack and set up."

This girl talks a lot. "Thanks a lot, ah, Ginger was it?"
"Yep. Nice to meet you (Y/N)."

You enter the dorm to see an array of beds, nightstands, and shelves. From what you can tell, people put their clothing in the drawers under the bed, and their sentimental stuff on the nightstand or shelves above the bed. There're six beds, but only five used. Doing the math, there should be five girls, five boys, split even.

A familiar box lies on the bed. It holds the framed picture Angela taped together for you, and another one. A framed photo of you, Jesse, Genji, Angela, and Lena. You smile, but it wavers when your eyes linger on Jesse. You put both the pictures on the shelf above your bed. Your uniform and spare clothes have been neatly put into the drawers beneath the bed. You don't have anything else except for your watch.

"Athena?" You call out to the room.
"Yes, GA (Y/N)?"
"GA?"
"Gold Agent. What can I do for you?"
"I don't have a phone, can you contact Joseph (L/N) and ask him if he could bring some personal items from home?"
"Yes. I'll let you know when he responds."
Silence.

Ginger knocks softly on the door. "Hey, do you want me to show you the ropes? I thought you may, y'know, want some help."

"Yeah that'd be amazing. You chuckle."
"Well come on." She motions for you to come into the commons. You sit down around the table.

"So, the first thing you want to know is the ranking system. There's the Primary, Madison. She's the Team Leader of sorts. Then there's the Secondary, Mark, he's the second command, and then there's the Tertiary, Aden, who's kind of a leader in training, basically third in command. The rest of us, we don't have a title. You follow?" You nod.

"There're two main teams. First is made up of the Primary, and five other agents. That would be Madison, me, you, Hera, Marcus, and Alen. Other team is the Secondary and Tertiary, and the rest of the crew. So, Mark, Aden, Alta, Hunter, Mary, and Jack."

"So... we have a mission in a few days... and I have no idea how to deal with a team."
"Yeah that would be problematic..."

All of a sudden, the door to the Gold commons flew open. It was a tall woman with black curly hair that was styled into a tight Afro. "Prowe, (L/N), we have an issue. Mission's been moved, Clawe's moving into New York sooner than we expected. We leave in 12 hours. Pack your stuff. Nice to meet you (Y/N)."

She slams the door closed. "You heard the woman! Grab your stuff!" Ginger yells at you.

"I only have a pistol!"
"Yeah we'll have to deal with that."

She contacts someone with her watch and pulls you along, taking you down to the weapons gallery.

This is your first mission.

And you have no idea what you're getting yourself into.