9

"How come you can speak English?"  Nicky asked the, not so scary, mummy.

"I went to Cambridge University."

"That's so cool." Ahkmenrah turned and smiled at the girl but didn't say anything. Holly began to wonder why he refused to speak to her or barely looked at her for more than a second. Ahkmenrah began to wonder why the first words she said to him, weren't the same as Hadeya's because she was clearly a reincarnation.

"You went to Cambridge?" Larry asked, confusion in his voice, to Holly he also sounded a bit impressed.

"I was on display in the egyptology department." He said, looking back at the three.

"I am Ahkmenrah, fourth king of the fourth king. Ruler of the land of my fathers." He continued introducing himself. If Holly hadn't recognised him already she sure of hell did now.

"I am Larry... son of Milton." Larry began unsure of himself, and how to do a grand introduction like Ahkmenrah did. "And this is my son, Nick, and my daughter, Holly." He went on, pointing at the respective children. "And we hail from Brooklyn." Holly grinned and patted her dad on the back for his effort, her smile remained until he began to speak again.

"Well, Hol and I do. I mean, he comes out and stays with my on Wednesdays, and every other weekend. Holly sometimes stays with her mom too. That was the custody agreement that we had."

"Guardians of Brooklyn, I am forever in your debt." Ahkmenrah spoke, eloquently. "Now bestow the tablet among me, so I may assume command of my kingdom." He stepped towards the the three, and their nervous faces grew.

"Oh yes the tablet, I would love to bestow it upon you, but... Holly?" Larry said, pushing the excuses to his daughter. She glared at her dad, quickly thinking of what she could say.

"The tablet? You mean the gold thingy with pushy spinny bits?" She asked, to which he lightly nodded. "That! It's... why don't you tell him Nicky?" Holly rambled before giving up.

"Of course, Dad?" Nicky quickly said, not even wanting to try. Larry sighed, he would just have to tell him.

"I would love to bestow it upon you," He repeated "but we don't actually have it." He said, before sighing. That was easier than they all expected.

Ahkmenrah went to get changed out of his bandages into the clothes of a pharaoh. When he did, he saw something he didn't expect.

The first words of his late wife had now been replaced with a new sentence. Holly's sentence. As soon as Ahkmenrah read the 'stop, you're a zombie." written on his skin he knew it was her, he knew she was his soulmate. But what the hell did he do now?