26 | the innocents

twenty-six
the innocents.

AFTER TORTURING THE witch huntress, the trio find out that the girl belongs to a group called the Innocents

AFTER TORTURING THE witch huntress, the trio find out that the girl belongs to a group called the Innocents. Their only goal is to kill all of the witches and warlocks in Greendale. Their plan was to start with the outliers—Sabrina, Hilda, and the crew at Dorian's. Luckily, Sabrina and Hilda are okay. But then, the next part of their plan is to converge at the Academy, which means there's still two hunters going there. As far as Selene's concerned, everyone there are sitting ducks.

So Selene goes ahead of everybody else, and when she gets there, the doors to the Academy are wide open. She's sick to her stomach, so she knows something is wrong. So she begins an unsealing spell, keen on getting inside the school. "Phasmatos Siprum, Emnis Abortum, Fasila Quisa. Quisa Exilum San."

After she finishes it, she gingerly takes her glove off and puts her hand in the doorway. When she does, it doesn't burn her, so she steps right through and follows the trail of blood to the common room to find the statue of the Dark Lord destroyed. She calls out several names, but doesn't get a reply and then she notices several arrows lodged in the walls.

"I can't be too late-" She begins, yelling a string of curse words, wondering if they're all dead as Ambrose crawls into the room, using all of his energy to do so.

She gasps as she drops down next to him, noticing the knife buried in his shoulder blade. Blood covers his entire body, and he appears to be barely breathing.

"Okay, Ambrose, look at me," she whispers, trying to keep her voice soft and comforting. Her right hand wraps around the knife while the other caresses his cheek, trying to avert his attention. And then, she yanks it out with a grunt. Ambrose yells in pain as Selene pulls her jacket off and puts it on his wound in an attempt to slow the bleeding. She then looks at him, needing him to give her an answer. "Where's everybody else?"

"Two angels took them," Ambrose manages to get out as Sabrina, Harvey, Nick, and Hilda burst into the room. As they do, a young ghost named Quinten appears, looking frightened.

"The angels, they tried to take me and the other ghost children to Heaven, but we ran and hid."

Hilda then sits down next to Selene, beginning a healing spell on Ambrose. Harvey ignores them, staring at Quinten in shock. "Did he say ghost children?"

"They took them to our desecrated church."

"Why would they go there?" Sabrina questions, her eyes fixed on her best friend. She's the one who normally knows what to do in situations like these.

"Angels try to get people like us to repent for our sins and convert to believing in the false God," Selene exclaims, chewing on her lip nervously. "Then they kill them."

"Let's go then."

"No, you can't, Miss. They found the church from us. Sealed it with holy water and reconsecrated it. No witches can get in or out."

"Okay. Well, Quinten, it's not safe for you and the other ghost children here," Sabrina states, urging the ghost to leave. "Go back to your graveyard and hide."

He does as told, portaling back to his graveyard as Harvey deadpans, "Did he just disappear?"

"Guys, I'm gonna have to tend to Ambrose's wounds, he's losing buckets of blood," Hilda whispers, finding that her healing spell didn't work.

"Where's the church?" Harvey demands, his shotgun in hand. "I'm not a witch, so I can get in.. right?"

"A mortal against avenging angels?" Nick scoffs, knowing the angels would kill him without a second thought. "You can't look at them without your heart exploding."

"I can go in there," Sabrina informs as Selene shakes her head. "I was baptized with holy water. I can enter a church even if it's been reconsecrated. It's the only play we have here."

"I'm coming with you."

"What?" Sabrina gapes, turning to face her friend in shock. "You can't-"

"You said we're a team," the redhead reminds her, using her own words against her. She won't be able to walk right into the church like Sabrina will, she'll have to remove the angelic consecration first. But that shouldn't take very long. "I'm going with you."

"You're not seriously gonna let them go alone, are you?" Harvey asks Nick, making Selene and Nick both roll their eyes in annoyance. "It's a suicide mission."

"You don't seriously think I'd tell them what to do, do you?" Nick remarks, his distaste for Harvey very clear.

Selene then takes a step toward him, stroking his cheek gently. "Stay with Ambrose, okay? He needs you more than we do right now."

She smiles reassuringly at him before her and Sabrina take off for the church. Once they get there, Sabrina goes in first. Selene, on the other hand, stays outside, placing her hand on the side of the building carefully, watching as her hand begins to glow as she begins the spell. "Terra Mora Vantis Quo Incandis, per Vasa Quo Errum Signos. Phasmatos selvus Terra Mora Vantis Quo Incandis, per Vasa Errum Quo Signos. Phasmatos selvus nos ex malom terra mora Vantis Quo Incandis per Vasa Quo Errum Signos. Terra Mora Vantis Quo Incandis."

As soon as she's done, she gingerly puts her hand through the threshold of the church and is pleased to see that her skin doesn't burn. But her pleased face falls once she steps inside and sees everything the angels have done. But there's three angels instead of two, like she'd expected.

Quinn, Josie, Louna, and all three Weird Sister's are bound to crosses at the back of the Church, blood coming from their eyes and noses. Several young coven members sit next to them, trembling in fear. But that's not the thing that sets Selene off, it's the body that she sees right in front of her. Sabrina's body, shot through with arrows.

"Selene Blackwood, how nice of you to join us," the angel, Jerathmiel smirks at her, clearly intrigued by the look on her face. He's heard the stories about her and Sabrina, how Selene would do anything for her. "You have entered a house of a Divine God! Kneel. Pray with us."

"I don't pray to false gods," Selene remarks, feeling all of her pent up anger from the last couple of months coming out. She also feels the darkness that's been surrounding her heart since the night she summoned hellfire swell. He shoots an arrow at her, but she catches it with ease. "You're gonna have to do a lot better than that if you wanna-"

She cuts off as one of them throws a dagger at her. The redhead attempts to dodge it, but it buries itself in her torso. She gasps in pain, losing her footing. She drops to her knees, clutching the knife before she yanks it out forcefully. Blood leaks between her fingers as she stares at the angel in surprise.

She then looks down at herself, knowing there's too much blood and that she can't do this herself. So she does the only thing she can think to do, she lets her dark side take over.

UNEDITED