But on the bright side Kyle and Sean were coming back today, I really missed them. the school day was boring and normal, go to class, go to another class, go get lunch, go to some more classes and then the day is over.

I walked out of the school with my bag slung on my shoulder, towards Zane’s car. He was standing there waiting for me with him arms crossed over his chest and his sun glasses covering his eyes. suddenly some girl came up to him and he actually gave her the attention she wanted. They talked in hushed voices for a second before they both looked over at me then turned back to eat other. Well that was the obvious fact that it was something about me. when I got closed she turned towards me and gave me a polite smile before walking away at a fast pace. She didn’t look like the normal teens that go to this school, well maybe I haven’t payed attention to everyone but I don’t think I’ve ever seen her.

I reached the car and Zane shot me a regretful smile. “Uh we can’t do this today, I have to do something so I’ll drop you home and maybe we could do it next week or something”  I sighed, he was bailing on me for some chick I bet, most likely the one that just came up to him. I nodded but didn’t say anything as I climbed in the passenger seat.

I stared out the window, not even bothering to look at him. it hurt that he would ditch me like that and then tell me some other time. I guess that was the end of that, the girl that came up to him was really pretty though, she had long dark brown hair with shining green eyes and a perfect completion. Her hair was pin straight down her back and she had a slim curvy figure, something I didn’t have but didn’t envy either.

It was no secret that she was prettier than me but I figured since he wasn’t telling me the reason we cant then it was because he was hoping I didn’t ask. So I didn’t, I sat there quietly waiting for the house to come into view.

“Marissa” he said with a sigh. I looked over at him to see he had a torn expression on his face but I didn’t give him any clue at what I was feeling, my face was blank of any emotion as I stared back at him. “it’s not what you think” he tried. “Then what is it Zane?” I was tired of playing games with him and thinking just as we got somewhere he would push me back down and show me that other things or girls come before me.

“I- I well I can’t explain to you but it’s just pack stuff” I shook my head in dry amusement, if he thought I would believe that then he was stupid. “I saw you talking to her Zane, I saw you both look over at me and I know it’s because of her, and don’t even lie to me. I'm not mad I'm just disappointed” I said with a tired voice. I didn’t want to fight with him about it because it was his life and he could do whatever he wanted, I shouldn’t be the one holding him back just because of how I feel.

“No Marissa it’s not about her, It’s just some pack stuff I promise we can do this another time” but he ran out of time to talk, we pulled up at the house and that was my cue to leave. “Save it Zane, you don’t have to hang out with me out of pity.” I said before getting out the car and walking up towards the door.

I looked back at him too see that he had a sad expression on his face but I walked in the house, I needed to be reminded sometimes of where me and Zane actually stand, and that was the perfect way to do it. I didn’t let it faze me though.

I shook my head and cleared my thoughts of all that. When I walked into the kitchen I stopped dead in my tracks, there was the last person I ever expected too see. My mothers, the one who turns up every couple weeks for a few days, she always tries to tell us how much she loves us but I'm just past the point of believing that now. I didn’t have a mother and although I do care for her somewhat, she was not a parent to me.

“Marissa” came her silky voice. She had a happy smile on her face and I couldn’t help but smile back. she got up from the wooden table and pulled me into a tight hug. I haven’t seen her for about a month, I wonder why she bothered to show up now.

“What’s the occasion?” I asked as I pulled away from her and took a good look. she looked beautiful as normal, nothing really changed. Her long black hair that I had inherited was tied up in a bun on the top of her head, she still had on some black dress pants with a silky red shirt. It looked like she must have just gotten in from wherever she was working.

“You really forgot? I know I'm not around nearly enough for you and Derek but I love you both” forgot about what? “I don’t know what you’re on about mom” I said. she was happy so it had to be something good, but I couldn’t think of anything unless she got some kind of promotion, but she cant really because she’s the beta.

“Oh Marissa you’ve grown up so much that you forgot about your own birthday. You forgot that you’re turning eighteen in a matter or four days” she said excitedly. My eyes opened in surprise, I did forget about that. Usually eighteen was the normal age to find your mate but if they turn eighteen before you then I guess you have it early and some people don’t find their mate till they’re in their twenty’s.  How lucky I was to have already found mine.. That just turned my thought towards Zane again.

But I wasn’t going to think about that. I didn’t feel like going through every emotion that was pulsing inside of me, I had managed to push it down for now and that is how it will stay till tonight. “oh wow I guess I did forget” I mumbled. What was there to do anyway? It was just another birthday.

Over the course of the years I’ve gotten used to the same old birthdays. A normal day at school, my mom would come home and me her and Derek would cut a cake and I would get some sort of a present from her. But my birthday always sucked because back then me and Derek didn’t get along and I didn’t have friends. So I never expected much and hence why I never cared much about my birthday.

“Well we’re going to have a party this year since you turning eighteen – I cut her off there. I didn’t really want a party. “Can we keep in small? There’s not really that many people that I’d like to invite” I tried. The pack members knew me and we were civil with each other but it’s not like I was close with any of them. They didn’t hate me nor love me, and I was fine with that.

“Oh just let me take care of everything ok? We can talk about that late but right now I have to go and let the alpha know that I’ve reached, I’ve literally just came home when you did.” I nodded as she scurried away. I had to train with John today anyway. I walked up the stairs and knocked on his door twice. He opened it and looked at m tiredly.

He had on some sweat pants but no shirt. “Let’s go train lazy” I poked his chest and he stumbled backwards. But I didn’t miss the light smile that appeared on his face. “Fine just give me second, I just woke up” he said pulling me inside his room and closing the door behind me. I rolled my eyes; it was almost four how could he have just woken up.

“You do know it’s like four right?”  I asked. He searched around his room for some clothes then disappeared into the bathroom. “I stayed up last night thinking of some new training plans and talking to my old coach, I used to train at UWC and that place made me the best I could be” he said and I was shocked.

UWC standing for ultimate werewolf combat, that place was the birth place of the best warriors around. Maybe that’s why the alpha got John, that place is hard core but it does make you the best. I think the run time for it is about two years.

“Oh wow” was all I could say. I would hate to have to go to that place for two whole years just to learn some fighting, that why John’s here right? he came out of the bathroom in a pair of shorts and a black t-shirt.

“You know that you came and got me changed to train when your not even ready right?” he pointed towards my clothes with an amused smirk, I looked down and laughed. I dug him out of his bed when I wasn’t even ready, “Well then I guess you’re going to have to wait” I said pulling him into my room which left us both laughing. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well this chapter complicates things again i guess, and then there's a little reminder at the end of what's comming to her when she's done training, Comment and vote please!

the next upload should be either; wednesday or thursday