Chapter 13

Unedited

Its been almost two weeks after that incident with Dylan. Or like I like to remember it, the day I ate the best waffles on earth. 

Its been two weeks and I still wasn't used to living with Alec. Sure living with Alec had its perks like he's sometimes cook something and leave some for me. (Even though I'd never admit it out loud but his food literally made me happy) And apparently I didn't have to do any of the house chores. Either Berta, the house maid did the chores or Alec himself did a few. 

Like any good thing though living with the Jerk was sometimes... inconvenient. He claimed that no one must know that we lived together. Of course that didn't apply to his little group because when Amanda and Win gave me a ride to the bowling alley they didn't really seem surprised about the fact that I was living with Alec.

Winter even mumbled something along the lines of "About time the idiot realized how stupid his idea was"

When I questioned him about my living in his house being a secret he claimed that being friends with him and his group must have already provided an impetus for the formation of a HATE ASHLEY CLUB.

I personally found the idea hilarious but we had to agree to disagree on that one topic. Another one of his idiotic rule was that he couldn't give me a ride to school unless in was an emergency. He said those 20 minutes of his precious time were to be devoted only for his "girlfriends".

I couldn't tell if he was kidding.

Nevertheless, I didn't really complain. Both of them were fine by me. I simply shrugged when he informed me.

"What no whining or telling me how big of a jerk I am?" he seemed surprised by my response.

"Nah. Why do you think I'll complain? And yeah if you really want to listen about  how big of a jerk you are then I can go on and on for hours" I seriously doubted the last part was true but the needn't know that.

"I think I'm good without you ruining it" he grinned and rode off to school in his Audi coupe. 

Hardly 10 seconds passed when another car honked. That's my ride!

I frantically threw on a coat, locked the house and made my way towards Amanda's car. When Alec said that he wouldn't give me a ride I was actually fine by it. But turns out his friends knew him a little too well. 

"The little bastard told he couldn't give you a ride? Don't worry I can give you a ride everyday. Adrian and I drive by that neighborhood anyways. We offered to give Alec a ride everyday, you know to save mother earth like the good citizen I am but he said and I quote, "It would be inconvenient for taking the ladies out on dates directly after school" Only a jerk like him would come up with such a lame excuse" despite herself I saw the corners of her lips turn upwards.

"Sure I'd love to hitchhike" things were good between Adrian and me. It was still weird to think about that kiss we had, even though there was nothing romantic about it.

Time flew by faster than I imagined before I knew it I was walking with Amanda towards her car. I was thankful for Amanda's company. Not only was she absolutely amazing but the small fights between Amanda and Win were hilarious. It also kept Dylan away so that was an added benefit.

:::::::::

I was finishing off one of my art projects when Alec knocked on my door. Without waiting for my reply he strode into my room like he owned the place (which he actually did, but that doesn't matter)

"Wow that's some cool stuff" he remarked on looking at my painting.

"I wouldn't have pegged you for a realist painter" 

"Why?" I asked curtly.

"I don't know. Now a days everyone is so into modern art and impressionism and all that stuff that people your age hardly ever do realism anymore" his knowledge of the different types of art was enough to intrigue me.

"You paint?" 

"Well I did. Not anymore" he finished in a softer tone. I didn't ask him anything else on the subject I kinda understood what he meant.

"So your brought Your Magnanimous Highness to this insignificant land?" I tried my best to lighten the mood. As you can tell I wasn't so good at it.

" 'Your Magnanimous Highness?' It has a nice ring to it you know" he replied being his usual cocky self again.

"I wanted to see if you were free to hang out with me tonight. So.... wanna hang out?" 

I was done with my project anyway and I didn't really have anything interesting to do. 

"Okay sure" I shrugged and removed my apron.

A/N

Make sure to Vote. Comment. Share.