Chapter 4

Today I woke up two hours before my actual school time. For someone who wakes up just half an hour before school, this had to be some kind of a record. I owe all of it to a certain jerk face. If it weren't for him I wouldn't be so early to school today. 

I had to walk to school because I didn't have a car, or a bike for that matter. As I walked through the school gates I was surprised by the number of students. There were hardly any students except for the few nerds and a couple of other students. School looked so peaceful right now.

I decided to take a few of my trig books and catch up with the rest of the students. Anyways I had loads of time to kill so I went to the deserted part of the school to do my work. I was literally three pages into my trigonometry notes when I started to get bored. Don't get me wrong, I was a huge fan of Math, especially trig but I just didn't have the mood for it today.

I looked at my watch to see I still had about an hour to kill. Around me I spotted a few familiar faces but none of them were friendly enough for me to approach. I was about to plug-in my earphones and listen to some music when someone tapped on my shoulder.

I turned around to see a guy and a girl standing over me. I couldn't really see their faces because the sun was blocking my view so I got up and turned my attention to them. No one really approached me at school so I was kind of surprised that someone actually came to me.

"Hey there"

"What's up?"Both of them began at the same time. Now that the sun wasn't blocking my view I could see them more clearly. In fact I guess they were siblings or something, considering the fact that they both had the same icy blonde hair and facial features.

"Huh?" I asked dazed. I know it was kind of lame but you can't really blame me.

"Hello" they replied in perfect sync. These guys had a weird synchrony. It was like they could communicate telepathically. 

"Hi" I replied with a bright smile.

"What are you up to?" the boy asked while eyeing my Math books.

"Nothing. I tried to study but I just didn't feel like it." I replied, relaxing a bit. I didn't know why but sometimes I felt nervous around strangers but these kids seemed fine.

"Oh. We were just going to the Chemistry Lab to finish some unfinished business when we saw you here. Thought we could use a helping hand." the boy replied again, with a mischievous grin. Even the girl was having the same smile. I kind of had a feeling that what they were describing as "unfinished business" wasn't going to be exactly good. 

"So are you going to help?" this time the girl asked.

I was debating whether it was a wise decision to go with them. I mean I didn't exactly know them except they were studying in this school. However, I tend to overthink things a lot so maybe I was just being paranoid. So I did what might seemed like a good idea at the time.

"Yeah sure."

:::::::::::::::::

Joining them wasn't a good idea. All my thoughts were repeating the same words again and again.

I shouldn't have come!

Turns out these two were planning on pranking the students in the chemistry lab. They were adding a layer of god-knows-what chemical in a few random test-tubes so that it would create some kind of an explosion when the students do today's lab work. 

"Are you crazy?!" I whisper yelled when I heard their crazy plan. By now, a lot more students started coming so we had to blend in with the other but these people were making it difficult.

"Of course not!" the girl, whose name I learnt as Amanda, exclaimed.

"We know that this plan is nuts but it will be worth it" the boy, a.k.a. Adrian, continued.

"Why do you have to do such a thing?" I asked rhetorically. Mentally I was regretted coming with them. I didn't know why these two were having such relaxed faces.

"For a prank." Adrian replied, taking my question seriously.

"Can't you just set off the fire alarm or something in the middle of the day?" I don't know from where I got it but it was kinda good actually.

"We already did that ages ago." 

"By the way that is so childish. The only reason why pulled that prank was because Stefanie...."

"Whom we hate by the way" Amanda chimed in.

"...was near one of the sprinklers so we decided to drench her and her 'army of skanks'. Other than Stefanie's million-dollar grimace, the whole thing was pretty boring I guess" Adrian finished while Amanda was nodding her head agreeing with her brother.

"Anyways you don't have to worry about this little prank of ours. It won't be that harmful just a few loud pops and it should be over. My genius brother over here, did all the calculations and he says it's safe so it probably is. So don't worry" Amanda explained while Adrian puffed his chest out and was looking rather proud of himself.

"Yes. I calculated and my calculations are hardly ever wrong" Adrian declared.

I guess that was enough to convince me to shut my mouth and tag along with them. We made it all the way to the chemistry lab without me complaining. Turns out I was supposed to simply be their lookout, which wasn't that hard if I say. However, after a few minutes I started freaking out again.

'What if the students think that I pranked them'

 'What if I get caught?'  

'Will I get into a lot of trouble?'

'Will my parents be called?'

I was going through all the possibilities inside my head. The last thought was particularly horrifying. I ran inside the lab to inform the twins that I was leaving them. I found them at the back of the lab cleaning up. The good thing was that they were already done and the bad thing was that they were already done.

I guess I couldn't really talk them into undoing what they already did, also we were running out of time so I left that matter. Instead I took hold of both their hands and dragged them out of the lab, across the corridor.

A/N.

This chapter was by far the longest one. Hope you like it. Feel free to share your opinions in the comments section. 

On top is the picture of Lucky Blue Smith as Adrian Lancaster. 

Make sure to VOTE, SHARE and COMMENT.