Chapter 4

Kiara

I was running to Math class but I stopped at the place where I bumped into the girl, now I feel guilty, god. I quickly write and apology note to the girl and slide it down 213, I assume that's her locker number and start running faster to Math.

-

""You're late again Kiara..." Ms Emma tells me once I enter the class. I'm glad I hid my hoodie in my bag, or else Ms Emma would have told my mother about it. Let's just say my mother and Ms Emma have their own little history.

"Sorry miss, I had tryouts," I explain to her. She would understand, my whole life I've been talking about rugby so she would know that this is a big deal for me.

After she allowed me to go to my seat, I look away from Ms Emma and my eyes land on one girl. She was looking back at me too. Is she the new kid? She was looking at me as if I was some candy, though I Had this weird feeling in my heart like it was beating rapidly. Her pupils were dialating, woah.

Snap out of it, Kiara, She's a girl. Plus who the hell would wanna stay in your life once they find out who you really are?

I make my way to my seat before anyone suspects something, well even if they did, nothings going on. I sit beside my cousin, Ona. She isn't really close to me but I see her only every Christmas dinner or weddings, other than that, isee her in school.

"Hey, what's up with you? You were standing in front for like 20 seconds staring at Mia," she chuckles. So that's her name. Mia. Missing In Action, I chuckle to myself.

"Oh nothing, I was just weirded out at how the new girl ended up in our class. And she was staring at me so that was weird." I say, with eyes widen. I can't believe I said that while not looking suspicious. Ona just looks at me as if I'm some sort of alien.

Ona tells me to start on the assignment and we both do it indivisually cause us Mendel's are very serious with our work. The last time Ona and I did and assignment or anything together, we got suspended. We started ripping pages out and cussing during middle school.

-

Once the bell rings