•°•12•°•

Frail fingers fumbled with the camera buttons, adjusted the viewfinder and pressed record. An incredibly pale and frail face looked directly into the lens, bright eyes had sunken but those same eyes held a story. The room she sat in was empty and cold, a white room with a bed and sink, blue curtains, television, flowers and whatever.

"Remember when I said that things were starting to look up? Well I take it back. I took it all fucking back. Why? Because things weren't. I told myself all that time that things were going to be alright but ever since I fell in love, my life had been nothing but a toy - a dream. And that day, April 23rd 2019, I woke up to the disgusting reality I had tried so hard to escape from. No. I'm not depressed. Or suicidal. I'm angry and I always had been. I had perfect reason to be angry. My life was going to shit and at that point I had officially snapped. I had been patient for far too long and she  had been pushing me over the edge.

To begin with, it was a day like any other. I woke up next to George, his arms around me and I cuddled into his chest. I heard Alex clashing around in the kitchen, I assumed live streaming. George was a heavy sleeper so pulling myself out of bed was no issue.  And I swear down, the minute I stood up, I bad gut feeling grew inside of me.

After changing, I walked into the kitchen where Alex was. I said hi to the stream and helped him cook bacon and eggs, I didn't say much, just read out the questions.

"Alex, I've have this bad feeling in my gut. What do you suggest I do?" I had the urge to ask and so I did as I searched the cabinets for salt.

"I dunno, tried taking Paracetamol?" he replied, cracking eggs into the pan. I dead-panned him and cocked an eyebrow.

"Not what I meant," I continued to cook while explaining "I mean like, I feel like something bad's going to happen but I can't imagine what."

"Well, I know what you mean, I feel you. I've had it before so my advice is to avoid situations where the bad thing may happen."

"So basically, just to not go out at all and hold all my friends hostage so nothing happens to them?" I cock and eyebrow at him. Alex shrugs while placing his food onto the plate and walking to the table to sit down. I sighed and did the same, sitting with him.

"Well, if you feel like something bad's going to happen to one of us, I suggest just telling them to be careful or keep an eye out but I don't know. I mean, I'm not going anywhere and I highly doubt Will will go anywhere, if that makes you feel better." Alex was reassuring and a good listener. His advice was usually good too and for that I'm glad I met him. I have to admit, I did feel better after talking to him about it.

I smiled at him and we both dug into our breakfast.
"I'm just worried about George.."

"You know that boy never leaves the flat." He chuckled. I giggled in return and continued by meal. He was right, I had nothing to worry about. That was the perks of my friends, barely any of them ever went outside, Josh was the most outdoors-y one of the bunch. If anything, I should be worried about myself, Beth was sure to come for me.

I assumed wrong.

Later that afternoon, myself, Alex and George were sat together looking through YouTube for videos to make fun of. All was well until George received a text; an invitation for a get together. I didn't expect it but he sweetly asked for permission to go. Yeah, I had a disgusting feeling but assuming the get together was from his friend Beth and a few of his close friends. I said he didn't have to ask to go. Alex gave me a worried look in which I returned a nervous smile. George smiled and left to get ready.

Alex quickly scooted next to me and spoke quietly.
"Are you sure this is a good idea? I mean, what if this 'bad feeling' actually means something?"

"Since when did you get the feeling?" I giggled.

"Well, I care about you and I'm worried about you too as well as him. You've both looked after me and we've had some good times, I wouldn't want any other roommates. Like, what if you're right? What if something did happen to him? Then what?" He really was worried. He sounded concerned and almost panicked. I placed my hand on his shoulder.

"And you mean a lot to me too, Alex but right now, I want him to enjoy himself. I don't want to control him because of my worries, I don't want him to worry." Alex seemed to understand and we both took a breath. Immediately after we looked back at each other.

"So what's the plan?" He spoke. I smirked. There was no way we were going to sit at home with a devouring feeling, ripping us away from the inside out. We were going to keep an eye on George - we loved him too much to let anything happen.

"We just follow him and keep an eye out. Stop anything like drugging or cheating..."

"So stalking?"

"Yep, my specialty. But we need to know where he's going, I'll ask and then we'll go from there." He nodded and as we heard the shower stop running, we went back to acting natural - like nothing had ever happened. Together, Alex and I were good at hiding things, not necessarily lying but just hiding. I stood up and made my way to the bedroom, quietly opening the door and waddling into the bathroom.

George stood in front of the mirror, brushing his teeth. I took the opportunity to wrap my arms around his naked torso and press my cheek against his bare back. He chuckled and spat his toothpaste out, wiping his mouth and turning to face me.

"Need something, Babes?" He held my face in his hands.

"Where are you going?"

"The Fox and Goose in Kent. Why?" He intertwined his fingers with my own and kissed my nose.

"Please be safe and careful, call me if you need anything." I placed a kiss on his knuckles as he then pressed his lips to mine.

"I will, I love you." I smiled and then let him get ready, skipping back to Alex on the sofa. I nodded at him and we continued to look for content while watching Dinosapien.