The Ending, Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Downstairs, it was a box with some other baby and toddler toys," Wolf said. 

"It used to be mine," I said. "When I first moved here, I'd sit in the garden and read it over and over again then non-stop talk about it. Somedays I'd run around the garden playing it."

"You would pretend you were a princess?" He asked, walked over to me and put his free hand around my waist. 

"She wasn't a princess, she was a girl that fell in love with a prince," I replied.

"Did she marry the prince?" He asked.

"It doesn't tell." 

"If she loved him, she most likely married him. Which makes her a princess." He said smiling. 

"But I didn't pretend I was a princess," I told him. 

"You're much more than a princess." He told me and kissed me. 

Later that day, I took a Pregnancy test. This time I didn't hide it from Wolf, I screamed his name in terror, we were going to have another baby. 

A couple weeks later, we found out we were having twin girls. 

-

Cress

-

"Thorne," I said to him laying a hand on my belly. 

"What?" He said turning away from the bag of baby clothes he had just bought. 

"You really need to stop buying baby clothes, she has enough to last her the first year and many more," I said smiling at him. 

"You need to stop letting me shop alone." He said with a grin. 

"It's not my fault that I'm on bed rest for the next 2 months," I said. The doctors feared that I was going to go into early labor so they are making me stay home till I'm closer to my due date. 

"Okay, but look at this little outfit." He said and held up a small onsie that said "daddy's co-pilot."

"That is very cute, but it doesn't mean she needs more clothes," I said in response. 

"Yes, she does." He said and went back to looking through his bag.

I had a response but my mind went blank when I felt a sharp pain in my lower back. 

I must've made a noise or something because Thorne jumped up and ran to my side. "What's wrong." He said softly and grabbed my hand. 

"I don't know, it's a weird pain," I told him, not knowing how to explain what I felt. 

"We need to go to the hospital, now." He said. 

I nodded. 

I could see the fear in his eyes as we left our apartment. He hid it well, in buying clothes and everything, but I knew he was scared. I was too. I felt like fear was taking over my whole body. Everything in me was screaming that it was too early and I couldn't have her yet, she needed more time. 

Thorne did all the talking and I just sat there half listening to what the doctors were saying. He was better under stress. I heard the doctors say they were going to go talk to each other and decide what the best option was then they left. 

Thorne turned to me and I saw the raw fear in his face, no mask, just fear. And that broke me on a new level. 

"Hey." He said and sat next to me on the bed. 

I leaned on my head on his shoulder and let the tears fall. 

He wrapped his arms around me and held me as I cried. I could feel him crying too. He didn't try and reassure me, he just held me.