Chapter One

You stretched out on the overhang, yawning softly as you looked up at the sky. Your friend, Honeykit, was laying beside you. She was flexing her small wings, which were a pretty shade of gold. "What do you think it's like, up in the stars?" You asked her quietly, placing your head on your paws.

Honeykit thought for a few moments, rolling onto her side so she could face you. "I don't know... But I bet it's really nice up there. They can probably get whatever they want whenever they want!" She snickered, watching you.

"But we still have good lives down here, right Stonekit?" Her mew was laced with anxiety, and you nodded in reassurance. "Of course! I would never want to leave this place." You said, stretching your wings. "Good!" Honeykit nodded.

The two of you lapsed into a comfortable silence, looking up at the sky and around the territory. A cold chill ran down your spine and you shivered, wrapping your wings around yourself.

Your gaze was captivated by the stars, and you wondered how your Clan was so lucky to be so near to them. You blinked, and suddenly one of the stars you were looking at disappeared.

"...Did you see that?" You whispered to Honeykit, who raised her head to the stars. "See what?" She asked, glancing at you curiously.

"I thought I saw one of the stars disappear." You said, watching the sky carefully before looking at Honeykit. "Did you see it?" Honeykit shook her head, looking back at you.

"No... Maybe it was just a cloud covering it." She suggested, shrugging. You nodded slowly, looking down at your paws. "Maybe. Or I'm just going crazy." You joked.

Honeykit purred and nudged you with her wing playfully. "You're far from crazy."

"Thanks."

Your eyes caught a flicker of movement below you, and you peered over the edge of the outcrop. Honeykit followed your gaze and squinted. "Somebody's down there!" She exclaimed, getting to her paws.

You jumped up as well, ruffling your wings.

1: GO GET HELP
2: INVESTIGATE ON YOUR OWN