0.3

Dear Derry, today me and bev are going to the quarry with some friends. Yup, friends! I don't know why I am excited, maybe because back in Oklahoma, I didn't have real friends, the ones I hung around with, talked shit about me when I wasn't around. But I have a good feeling about these ones, especially bill, he's one of them, he stutters but it's so cute. I just hope that they don't hurt me. I'm being sensitive again, I'm hate it when I vulnerable. Any ways, I'm signing off now. I need to get ready for the quarry write in you later.
Yours truly, K.M

I closed my diary and got out of bed.

I went down stairs into the kitchen and saw a note and a bunch of ingredients surrounding it. The note read....

'Kimberly, Beverly, I'm sorry
I didn't have time to make
Breakfast, I had to go to work.
Yup, I got a job! Anyways, make
Make eggs, I'll be back at 7:30.'

-Mom

I sighed, and grabbed the pan, oil, eggs, and salt. Once I was finished cooking, I grabbed 2 plates, one for me and one for Beverly.

As I was putting the eggs on the plates, U heard footsteps, Beverly had came down.

"Hey kimberly." I heard Beverly voice behind me.

"hey beve-" I say turning around to see Beverly with a pixie cut.

"That bad huh?" She asked, while sitting down, "No, no, it's beautiful, I'm just not used to it." I said, sliding a plate over to her.

I turn around to fill my plate, "Oh" I hear her mumble, "So, we still on for the quarry?" I asked, turning around and sitting.

"Why wouldn't we be?" She asked, looking up at me, "Oh maybe 'cause your lazy ass didn't want to leave the house." I said, we both laughed.

We talked about the most random shit for the rest of breakfast and then we went up stairs to get ready.

"I'll meet you down here in ten, ok?" Bev asked me, I nodded and we parted ways.

I sighed as I shut the door of my room, I'm not getting into the water, I've always been insecure of my body, I hated it.

I just got out a pair of shorts, a white tee, and a long brown cardigan.(picture on top)

I grabbed my converse and slipped them on and went to the bathroom and did my morning routine.

Once I was done I went down stairs where beverly was waiting.

"Damn, how di- never mind." I said, waving Beverly off, Beverly laughed at me.

"Come on let's go get our bikes." Beverly said, "I haven't used my bike for half a decade." I explained, but she just chuckled.

"You want me to teach you how to ride it." Beverly asked while smirking, "I know how to ride it, dumbass." I said, narrowing my eyes at her, she just laughed it off.

We went into the garage and there she was, my bike.

"Stop staring and get on the damn thing." Bev said, getting on her bike. I walked over to mine and slowly got on it.

I smiled and start pedaling. "Come on slow poke!" I yell to Beverly.

We got to the quarry in under 10 minutes. New record.