Guinevere. Chapter One.

My eyes suddenly popped open as I propped myself up from the...sand?

"What happened?" I muttered to myself, looking around lazily. There were clear clear, aquamarine ocean waters, with a dark cave towering over it. I felt fine sand beneath me, and a crab crawling across from me.

I tried to get up, immediately feeling a sharp pain rising up my knees. Collapsing in agony, I barely managed to drag myself to a nearby palm tree.

Closing my eyes, I tried to reminisce what had happened.

A few minutes later... nothing came to mind. Everything was blank, or black in my mind's case.

Something near me stank, and I crinkled my nose, trying to find the source of the problem. After a few sniffs I realized my own hair was the problem, its usual bright ginger was now a dull strawberry blonde. It crunched under my hands touch, and felt like an old pile of hay. There was disgusting purple seaweed interweaving into my locks, making me look like a crazy witch.

My skin felt blistery and sunburnt, and unuasually tan. If my skin and hair was weird... I looked down at my clothes, finding them dirty and a little torn. My old pair of basketball shorts were missing their inked on logo, which used to read: Forever 21.

Giving a frustrated sigh, a little cupcake keychain caught my eye. Crawling closer to it, a memory had flashed before me. It was the keychain my mother had given me for my fifteenth birthday, something I treasure a lot. I always kept it with me, and it looks like the rule still applies. I stuffed the keychain into my torn up pocket, hoping it wouldn't fall out through the many holes that had somehow developed.

Closing my eyes once more, I started taking deep, slow breaths, trying to calm myself down. Memories flashed before me. This is my story...