clothes off

Ono's POV:

The house was toxic, aunty ESE was around and boy! what a vile tongue that woman had. I tried to stay away from her as much as i possibly could but she was everywhere; badging into my room after all it was hers before she moved out; raising hell when she found the door locked because "what was I doing in there".

At some point I found myself going over to ifeanyis place on the regular, peace was so much fun to be around and watching my sister happy was one of the best experiences ever.

I hadn't seen TJ in almost a week, although I had bitten my lips at the thought of him on one too many occasions.

Ofure was planning Ifeanyis surprise birthday and it was very tasking, there was so much shopping and organizing seeing as she wanted to do everything herself.

The morning of the party was more hectic seeing as on top of all the planning, we had to keep it away from ifeanyi. Ofure and egor were in charge of supervising preparations while I was in charge of keeping ifeanyi away from the house.

I had arrived earlier on to meet him at home, all alone; he didn't look too happy, he was sitting on the couch watching some television.

"ifeanyi, hey" I said and he turned his attention toward me.

"What's up?" He replies as he stretches his hand out for a handshake, I shake him.

"Where is ofure?" I ask, pretending not to know.

"Honestly! I don't know. We haven't really been in the best of terms lately"

"How so?" I pretend not to know what's going on yet again.

"I thought she tells you everything"

"Not this apparently"

"Well... Its a long story"

"I've got time?"

"Well for starters, she left the house early this morning with peace, without even wishing me a happy birthday"

"Wait, today is your birthday?"

"Yea... The big 30, I just wanted to..."

"Stop it! We are going out! Come on! Go get dressed, I'm taking you out for a birthday breakfast, my treat!. Then you can tell me all about it"

"That's very sweet of you omo, but I don't think..."

"No buts, go, get dressed now!"

"Okay...okay, I swear you and your sister are just the same" he smiles and I can see the endearment in his eyes, he really loved ofure.

It doesn't take him long to come out all dressed up. I snatch the car keys he was dangling.

"I'm driving" I say with an air of authority.

"You're just like your sister, I swear!" He says again with a smile, but doesn't argue.

We arrive at the restaurant in about twenty minutes, the place is almost empty, so we make ourselves comfortable in the most cozy seats.

"Order whatever you want, I'm going to spoil you today"

"Omo, I wish you knew, food isn't my problem"

"And you'd tell me your problem while eating, WAITER!!" I call out for the waiter, and he comes and takes our order.

"So, what's on your mind?" I ask right after the waiter leaves.

"I love ofure so much omo"

"That's pretty obvious"

"I fear I'd loose her if things don't change". There is a worried frown on his face.