Parade

Chapter Four - Parade

As Ellie was walking back down the path I caught up with her. We walked back down the path, past the golf course, the bowling green, the boating lake and eventually back out on to the road. I carried on walking with her all the way to the shop where we exchange numbers and then said our goodbyes and see you laters. Then she walked into the shop and I carried on down to the beach where I walked on towards the place where I was staying, which was a friends caravan in the neighbouring village. As I was walking along the beach, my phone vibrated.

'New Message' the display read. I opened the message and it read

'See you later...What are you doing afterwards?...If you can meet me in the parade ground...Love you xxxx' the message was from Ellie.

'I don't know. I will probably but not for long. What about tomorrow. Where are you watching the fireworks? xx'I replied.

The response was almost instantaneous 'Ok...From my house I think xxxx'

My reply took a little more time than hers. First I rang my mum to see what we were eating for tea, she said that Michael wanted to eat at the Hunstantia Greek Restaurant and that they were on their way down to book a table. Damn I was so badly craving a curry. She then asked why I wanted to know. Quickly, I made up a cover story of wanting a curry. I did anyway.

I texted Ellie 'See if you can come out for a meal with me tomorrow xx' The reply again quickly followed

'What meal?xxxx'

'Greek, but apparently it doesn't have a large amount of Greek stuff on the menu xx'

'I'll just ask my dad xxxx'

'Ok xx'

I was only waiting for a minute when 'Sure...What time'

Again I texted Mum to ask if I could bring a mate. She said sure just tell them to be prepared to pay for themselves. I asked her what time the table was. 7.00 was my answer.

I text Ellie saying 'Cool. Tables at 7. Be prepared to pay for yourself though. Do you know where it is? xx'

Again her reply came fast 'That's fine...My dad said that as well...Is it in East Bunton? xxxx'

'Yeah. Main Street, before the turning for the road that leads to the beach xx'

'Ok...See you there xxxx'

I carried on walking down the beach until I got to the slipway leading up to road. On my way up I paseed the Hunstantia. In all the time I had been to East Bunton I had never wanted to eat there. Greek cuisine had never appealed to me before. My mind flashed back to the time, earlier in the summer holidays when my family and I went to Bournemouth for a weekend break. We asked the main desk at our hotel, if there were any nice restaurants nearby. The young lad at the desk said "The Harvesters nice" (other chain restaurants are available) So we booked a Taxi and we asked the driver if he knew of any good restaurants in Bournemouth. He said yes there is a nice Italian near the centre and there was a really nice Thai restaurant that did Thai Tapas (Thai dishes that were tapas sized). The driver used to be a chef so he knew what he was talking about. He gave us three checks to see if the meal would be good or not.

1: Smell-does it smell appetising when you enter.

2: Tables-are the tables sticky when you wipe your fingers over them.

3: Menu-do the dishes on the menu sound nice.

As I walked past the Hunstantia I was confronted by a greasy smell, the kind of smell you get if you walk behind a chip van. Nevertheless, I continued on to the caravan. As I entered I was confrontedby my Mum who asked me